cookie

CAYOM Y4 - Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Not a bad idea. The most important thing though is that the game does need to start moving forward though with reviews and BO predictions.

I will defer to the group on it.

True that’s how past CAYOM suffered. The 10/15 deadline would be the hard deadline for the second half of the year. Meaning what’s finished there is released automatically. No ifs, and or buts.

Also if we get a head start on reviews, and predictions perhaps @Spagheditary if possible can open up actuals earlier.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Sorry to hear that cook.

Is it an issue where you have A figured out and C figured out, but you are having trouble getting B sorted so that they are able to get from A to C?

In a way, yes. The problem with the big crux I mentioned is that it’s extremely important to make the third act work (it happens just before it) but it’s a pain to make sure it feels earned and properly executed.

Then there’s more general stuff like ”holy shit, I can’t believe it’s this long already”.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

I’m prepared to drop in a few 2.0 films. They got pretty good reception when they released and won’t  be edited aside from the cast or the director, save maybe a few casting updates.

Also I’m down for YourMother’s idea. Starlit could use more time.

Either way, I’m trying to breathe this year since Y5 I’m throwing everything I’ve got at the wall. Admittedly, part of the reason I’m stepping back is due partially to the big success of Notes From The Otherspace. I almost want to step back and bit because I’m going to try to hard and top it, which rarely leads to my finest work.

• Like 2

Again 10/15/2018 would be the final deadline as again apart from 6 dates (which fillers can easily be accommodated for) in the second half everything is ready to go. Meaning if you can’t finish it won’t go in the calendar. 

Including Pillars, Mass Effect and Odyssey (which I assume all have preread finished), the first half only need films for the following:

January 10th (1 needed)

February 14th (holiday) (1 needed)

March 20th (1 needed)

@Xillix @cookie @Spagheditary @Rorschach @Reddroast @Hiccup23 @Sears @4815162342 @Blankments @Ethan Hunt @Alpha @ChD

Or... we can extend the deadline for everything to next week but that’d be the final deadline as we only to get 9 more films. As again we shouldn’t keep on pushing everything back.

We can also see how the rest of the weekend and Monday fares for everyone

I still think we should focus on getting stuff done though just in case.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Spagheditary said:

Either way, I’m trying to breathe this year since Y5 I’m throwing everything I’ve got at the wall. Admittedly, part of the reason I’m stepping back is due partially to the big success of Notes From The Otherspace. I almost want to step back and bit because I’m going to try to hard and top it, which rarely leads to my finest work.

This has been hurting me too. Scavenger Wars was probably too big of a sucess and I’ve been trying to make Voltron top or at least match it (this is what kinda panics me about the TSW2 prospects too). It’s probably half the reason I’m in the pit I am right now.

• Like 3

It seems a plurality are fine with @YourMother the Edgelord's proposal. Sadly @Xillix is not around to weigh in.

The alternative of pushing everything one week I would not prefer. I think at the minimum, the first half of the year should hit the ground running at the present deadline.

• Like 2

So which one are we going with?:

A.) 1st half (January-June) of Y4 closed Monday, reviews and predictions still happen but limited to then. 2nd half (July-December) of Y4 has a final deadline on October 15th meaning whatever happens happens.

B.) We push the deadline for everything next Wednesday (October 10th) but again final deadline.

What do y’all think?

• Like 1

@cookie I’m very sorry to hear that. I can’t really relate because I have yet to actually experience that but it doesn’t sound like anything I’d ever wanna experience.

I agree with plan A. I’m pretty much getting to the part in The Odyssey where I’m basically C+Ping my outline because I put more detail into the later half of it than the first one. So I should be good in that regard. I could maybe do one or two fillers for the second half of the year if needed.

• Like 2

If happens, this is what my schedule might be like (fillers excluded):

Got Milk? - 1/10/Y4 - should be done tomorrow, pretty basic idea 

Blue and Gold - 2/7/Y4 - done

Kingdom Of The Sun - 3/27/Y4 - done

St. Claire and The Bermuda Affair - 5/1/Y4 - done

High School Musical 4: Reunion - 6/26/Y4 - done

Gil’s All Fright Diner or The Family Guy Movie: #franchisegoals - 8/7/Y4 - for the former if I catch back up for the former or by the 14th if the ideas I have are good for the latter

The Second Crash Bandicoot - 9/25/Y4 - done

Treasure Planet: Gauntlet of Midas - 11/6/Y4 - done

Can You Imagine? - 11/25/Y4 - done

• Like 1