baumer

Tuesday numbers

Barring a 30% drop today (which isn't impossible), I don't see how Mamma Mia drops less than 50% this weekend. In the worst case scenario, I can see it dropping 55-57%.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, SoSaysI said:

Maybe but never a good sign with the way presales are trending when the Fandango compares are to a film from 2015 and one from 2016.  It really doesn't mean anything that it is outpacing those films in presales.

Oy! Thanks for explaining. :)

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Barring a 30% drop today (which isn't impossible), I don't see how Mamma Mia drops less than 50% this weekend. In the worst case scenario, I can see it dropping 55-57%.

It was already splitting PLFs, the hit won't be that significant.  A 25% drop tomorrow is quite possible with only a 37% Tues bump.  A sub 50% -  even sub 45% is possible.

Edited by TalismanRing

36 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If Mamma Mia! follows the original this weekend with an adjusted Wednesday and Thursday to account for the discount Tuesday drop and PLF loss:

4.4M (-35%)

4M (-10%)

5.2M (+31%)

6.3M (+21%)

5.1M (-19%)

16.6M Weekend, 53% drop

Although I understand it may drop harsh on Wednesday, female-oriented films (especially good WOM) won't drop harsh like that today. Tomorrow's number will determine where its run will go, but I think it'll be more in the mid to high 20s for its drop today instead of 35%.

Edited by BenedictL11

47 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

From yesterday: +46% (great) 

From last Tuesday: -40% (solid) 

With SMH’s daily multiplier: 230.5 

Ant-Man’s daily multiplier: 235.5 

Again, AM&TW is having aberrantly large Tuesdays and those numbers almost certainly won’t be reached.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1