SteveJaros

Anyone else just get AMC Stubs A-List?

A-List report for month 7 .... January 29 - February 28

Movies seen via A-List this month ............... 13

Cost if I bought tickets at box office ............ $108

A-List cost ............................................................... $21

Savings for month 6 ............................................ $87

Cumulative savings for 7 months** .............................. $600

** Since 7/29/18, I have seen 88 movies that would have cost $747 for the $147 I have paid to A-List.

• Thanks 1

I just saw my 100th A-List movie so ...
A-List report for month 8 .... February 28 - March 28, 2019

Movies seen via A-List this month ............... 12

Cost if I bought tickets at box office ............ $102

A-List cost .......................................................... $21

Savings for month 8 ......................................... $81

Cumulative savings for 8 months** .............................. $681

** Since 7/29/18, I have seen 100 movies that would have cost $849 for the $168 I have paid to A-List.

Since I have seen exactly 100 movies on A-List, it is easy to calculate some averages. Without A-List, my average price paid for these 100 movies would have been $8.49. Instead, thanks to A-List, the average cost was $1.68.

That's a meaningful difference, LOL.

Edited by SteveJaros

For anyone who does have A-List, if you link it to your Fandango VIP account (it's free), and you order through Fandango, they give you $5 on your Fandango account for every 4 tickets you buy, including every A-List movie you see.  

It's a pretty sweet deal.  I've been able to treat friends to movies this way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

For anyone who does have A-List, if you link it to your Fandango VIP account (it's free), and you order through Fandango, they give you $5 on your Fandango account for every 4 tickets you buy, including every A-List movie you see.  

It's a pretty sweet deal.  I've been able to treat friends to movies this way.

WOW!!! Sweet!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

It was reported that Sinemia has just kicked the bucket**.

Though I never subscribed to it, I fear that its passing my impact A-List, as AMC may now feel that since it has less competition, it can raise A-List rates. 

** In the USA at least. No word yet as to how operations in other countries such as the UK, Oz, and Canada are impacted. 

Edited by SteveJaros

A-List Year One Report 

I joined A-List on July 29, 2018, so today marks the end of my first year. As of tomorrow, July 29, I will be on the new $20 tier that doesn't cover the whole country. So how did it go? Here's the report:

Movies seen via A-List during the year ........ 152 (158, see below)

Cost if I bought tickets at box office .............. $1252

A-List cost .......................................................... $252

Cumulative savings for a year ........................ $1000

AMC has said that their break-even point for moviegoers is about 2.4 visits per month. I averaged 12.6 visits per month, or 2.92 visits per week. I came close to the theoretical maximum of 156 movies, if you saw all three movies you are entitled to all 52 weeks, 157 if you could squeeze one more movie in on the 365th day.

I saved a whopping $1000 (awesome coincidence, eh?) in doing so, and that is a real savings, because A-List didn't really prompt me to see more movies. I saw 144 movies in the year before I had A-List. I just paid a whole lot less to see them.

A-List also allowed me to see WAY more "premium" format movies. In the year before i joined, I saw 18 movies in IMAX, Dolby Cinema, or 3D. In the last year on A-List, I saw 58 such movies. In other word's, 58/152 movies I saw via A-List were in some kind of "premium" format where they charge you more. That was very cool, LOL.

Finally, A-List had another benefit. I joined Fandango, and they give you credits for the A-List movies you reserve through them. As a result, I saw 6 more movies for free by cashing in the Fandango credits. Those can be attributed to A-List, because as I never spent money on concessions, all the points were earned just by using A-List to reserve movies. I strongly recommend using Fandango to reserve your A-List tickets. They are an AMC partner so their app works seamlessly with the program.

So in effect, I really saw 158 movies this past year thanks to A-List.

Thanks A-List :)

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1