YM!

DC League of Super Pets | Warner Animation Group | HE DOESN’T TAKE SIT FROM ANYONE | The Rock, Kevin Hart, Kate McKinnon, John Krasinski and KEANU REEVES as the GODDAMNED BATMAN | July 29 2022

This was pretty good. I really liked the scenes with Krypto and Clark. They did a good job at establishing their bond. It was also cool to see the other members of the JL show up. It was definitely a kids movie though as you kind of had to suspend disbelief with some of the plot. For example, that's not really the way Kryptonite is supposed to work but whatever. I also didn't really like the other superpets much tbh.

The worst part of watching this though didn't happen in the movie. There were a couple disruptions in the theater. One of which involved some guy falling and hitting his head. Luckily he was okay, but it kinda ruined the experience for me a bit.

Edited by poweranimals
  • Like 1

Absolutely loved it. Sweet, funny, and without a cynical bone in its body, this is just a great family film. The first five minutes had me teary, and the closing credits had me welling up again. In between there's lots of bright colors and action for the kids and clever repartee for the adults. And there are SO many nods and winks to the DC Universe. There's even this hilarious bit where Krypto 

Spoiler

fantasizes going all Black Adam on Lois because he fears she's stealing Supes from him.

In short, it was everything I hoped it would be and I had high hopes going in. Its OW won't break any records but I see this having a long, long run. Streaky the Supercat for the sequel, please!

4.5/5

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AJG said:

Just remember, when anyone tells you that superhero movies are meant to be serious, Batman had a live-cow living with him in the Batcave for months... recently

JPw4NF6G0ANkF0Pdcw3cfLr88Ucwh0Q7i52P-V0Z

You’ll find anything in the long history of DC comics but the most successful and iconic stories have been the more serious, epic ones.

16 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Superpets comes out on digital tomorrow, on August 23.

Only a full 25 days in theaters before digital is insanely fast. WB rushing this out only confirms that this didn't do well at all.

32 days for a big successful movie like Minions 2...

Edited by efialtes76

6 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

32 days for a big successful movie like Minions 2...

The box office grosses you can see at "Variety" would tell you this movie did not do very well at the box office.

Did 83 Milion.. Cost 90 Million. GIven that film has to take in twice it's budget just to break even, this film out and out flopped.

Edited by dudalb

27 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The box office grosses you can see at "Variety" would tell you this movie did not do very well at the box office.

Did 83 Milion.. Cost 90 Million. GIven that film has to take in twice it's budget just to break even, this film out and out flopped.

But it's fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

13 hours ago, dudalb said:

The movie is at $132M now and it hasn't released yet in Italy ,Australia,Japan and probably China.

6 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

The movie is at $132M now and it hasn't released yet in Italy ,Australia,Japan and probably China.

WIth a  80 Million budget,it needs 160 Million to just break even. It is really unlikely it is going to get into profit, which makes it a falure as far as box office goes. Warners does not spend that much for a movie just to break even.

If you like the movie, fine. Don't try to show it is some kind of big sucess which is isn't.

I am not a Minions fan, but comparing this in business terms to Minions 2 is idiotic. Minions 2 will make a huge profit for Universal. This movie will not for Disney. Best Disney can hope for is to break even.

2 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Buddy, accountants for My Big Fat Greek Wedding say it lost millions of dollars (on a $6 mil budget)

Please everyone needs to stop using that "double the budget to figure out when it makes a profit" fallacy.

Funny, just about every jounalist who cover the industry accepts the double the budget to break even as a rule of thumb.

You just want to show that there is no way of knowing if a film makes a profit or not so you can claim the every DC movie has made money.

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Funny, just about every jounalist who cover the industry accepts the double the budget to break even as a rule of thumb.

You just want to show that there is no way of knowing if a film makes a profit or not so you can claim the every DC movie has made money.

Really thought the rule of thumb was 2.5x the budget. 

21 minutes ago, I love this movie said:

Really thought the rule of thumb was 2.5x the budget. 

It varies from country to country becuase many countries have steep taxes on films.

But, yeah, it costs much, much more then the base production budget for a film to just break even.

And to pretend otherwise, or use the "Nobody knows if a film makes money of not" routine  and then citing some accounting maneuvere to prove that is just plain silly.

It is very unlikely that WB will  see more then a miniscule amount of profit on this movie, though the DC fanboys will not admit that.

I have not seen the film, so have no opinion on whether it is a good movie or not. But I can read figures, and this film gives very sign of being a box office failure for WB.

On 8/24/2022 at 1:12 PM, dudalb said:

I literally couldn't care less if any film makes money.