grim22

Kraven the Hunter | December 13 2024 | Sony | Equalizer 2 writer developing | Bitten by radioactive lions.

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Kraven's gonna get obliterated by Sonic 3 and Mufasa.

Not sure

It's R against PG family movies.

I know the writers are trash, but Chandor is good director so there's still hope.

Didn't watch Lion king 2019 and both Sonics, I think many moviegoers will skip them as tired IP chore.

Btw,  loved Barry Jenkins' previous efforts but I will sit this new one out, it just feels like a colossal waste of his talents .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cinema pal said:

Not sure

It's R against PG family movies.

I know the writers are trash, but Chandor is good director so there's still hope.

Didn't watch Lion king 2019 and both Sonics, I think many moviegoers will skip them as tired IP chore.

Btw,  loved Barry Jenkins' previous efforts but I will sit this new one out, it just feels like a colossal waste of his talents .

I agree - Karate Kid was gonna get obliterated b/c it was gonna be a 3rd family movie, and obviously a 3rd choice.

This movie might be able to survive in the holiday corridor on bored college kids and young adults (particularly males) - and a supers movie usually does okay during the holiday corrdior.

So, smart move by Sony to kick their family movie - I don't know if this was the right replacement, but it is what they had, and this should do better than the Labor Day corridor would have given them b/c September is unusually stronger than normal...although less so now... 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 11:00 PM, poweranimals said:

Kraven's gonna get obliterated by Sonic 3 and Mufasa.

I am skeptical about one of thos films, but both will destory Kraven.

What  else does SOny have on tap for the Holiday season?

If Kraven is it, that is pretty pathetic.