grim22

Kraven the Hunter | December 13 2024 | Sony | Equalizer 2 writer developing | Bitten by radioactive lions.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I like Kraven fine, but don;t see him making a good solo villian movie. Worked with the Joker, sort of worked with the loki Miniseries, but, frankly, the only Marvel Villian whose I can see getting a good solo movie out of is Dr Doom. He has one of the best villian origins in comics.

No villain is good for solo films. In fact I think that both Venom and Joker is a trend that I cannot wait to go away. We don’t really need solo films from villains, it’s missing the point of why they exist after all. And I say this fully aware that Venom is more of an anti-hero than a villain these days. The issue is that Sony would never be able to do the crazy shit that Marvel Comics did, if only Sony would just give up of the Avi Arad joints and keep making MCU and Spider-Verse films, we would be golden. A Venom anti-hero film is acceptable, but it’d take one hell of development and proper timing that Sony doesn’t seem content on waiting. Oh well, if we get Tobey or Andrew facing these memes eventually that could cool at least, right? It’s what I keep telling to myself.

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I think Kraven must be pretty awful to delay it 10 months given that Madame Web is getting pushed up two days.

Yeah it's not getting delayed to Labor Day weekend next year because of the strikes. It's got to be pretty bad. 

On 7/28/2023 at 4:19 PM, ZattMurdock said:

No villain is good for solo films. In fact I think that both Venom and Joker is a trend that I cannot wait to go away. We don’t really need solo films from villains, it’s missing the point of why they exist after all. And I say this fully aware that Venom is more of an anti-hero than a villain these days. The issue is that Sony would never be able to do the crazy shit that Marvel Comics did, if only Sony would just give up of the Avi Arad joints and keep making MCU and Spider-Verse films, we would be golden. A Venom anti-hero film is acceptable, but it’d take one hell of development and proper timing that Sony doesn’t seem content on waiting. Oh well, if we get Tobey or Andrew facing these memes eventually that could cool at least, right? It’s what I keep telling to myself.

I hate dogmatic statements, and I really liked '"The Joker" so I would disagree that any solo villian movie is a bad idea.

But I agree Sony is showing bad judgement in trying to get a solo film out of the likes of Morbius and Mistress Webb, and really Kraven is pretty questinable material for a solo film, Your statement that Venom is  anti hero rather then a out and out villian is well taken..though I think the Venom films so far have been shitty.

Yes, SONY should just give up on the Spideyverse films. THey got started when Sony, before the deal with Marvel Studios, wanted a CBM universe and decided to try to get one out of their Spidermen franchise rights.

20 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yes, SONY should just give up on the Spideyverse films. THey got started when Sony, before the deal with Marvel Studios, wanted a CBM universe and decided to try to get one out of their Spidermen franchise rights.

There's no way they'll give it all up after the money Venom made. They'll just keep chasing that high and hope another one hits that.

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

There's no way they'll give it all up after the money Venom made. They'll just keep chasing that high and hope another one hits that.

Which it won't.

Venom was a unique case, I don't think any other of the Spidermand supporting  charecters  chareciers has that kind of following.

Of the current proposed films, the live action SpiderGwen is the only  one that makes sense to me, but then SpiderGwen is more a variant version of Spidermen rather then a supporting charecter.

Let's face it, some of the SONY proposols were ridiculous like Young Aunt May.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2023 at 2:19 AM, ZattMurdock said:

No villain is good for solo films. In fact I think that both Venom and Joker is a trend that I cannot wait to go away. We don’t really need solo films from villains, it’s missing the point of why they exist after all.

Talk for yourself, I don't need generic crap like like Ant-Man 3 and Cap Marvels, even if Venom is also crap.

On 7/28/2023 at 7:19 PM, ZattMurdock said:

To be fair, Joker mostly exists as a vehicle to justify spending $70M on a drama.

I highly suspect that the MCU-Sony agreement explicitly bars Spider-Man to Sony crossover films.  

On 8/15/2023 at 7:42 PM, dudalb said:

Which it won't.

Venom was a unique case, I don't think any other of the Spidermand supporting  charecters  chareciers has that kind of following.

Of the current proposed films, the live action SpiderGwen is the only  one that makes sense to me, but then SpiderGwen is more a variant version of Spidermen rather then a supporting charecter.

Let's face it, some of the SONY proposols were ridiculous like Young Aunt May.

Do you know who also thought that was crazy? SONY (or at least their advertising director who pitched the often reported on first phase of a SUMC before the Homecoming reboot). 

From wikileaks

So I have been doing a lot of thinking... over the past weeks we have seen both Marvel (who have a tight plan) and DC/WB (who look like they might finally be getting their shit together) make huge announcements for the future of their slates and franchises.  On the other hand, we have been assailed by rumour after rumour of bizarre spin-offs (Aunt May) or that Spidey is going to be sold or loaned back to Marvel.  What we need is a solid plan for the future. Clearly laid out for the next five years at least that shows the fanship and the public that Spidey is still in safe hands.  I also believe that this studio needs a dedicated Spider Division that runs as a studio within the studio.  Marvel and DC Entertainment are successful because there are dedicated resources and teams that just focus on these properties.  We need that here.On that note, here are my ideas for the future of the franchise.  These are just rough outlines but I think could be a good start to the path to success.  I thank you in advance for humouring me by listening to me.  Looking forward to your thoughts...

Obviously, Sony loaning Spider-Man was less far fetched than he believed.