sfran43

Tuesday's Numbers: MI6 - $5.66M

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Dog Days is doing horrible at my theater today. Everything is pretty light tbh. School doesn't go back until Monday fwiw

My theatre isn't even getting DOG DAYS, which is odd given it's releasing in 2,500 theatres and they pretty much always pick up everything that's in 1,000 theatres or more. Not that I care at all, but it's just peculiar. It's a pretty wide release to ignore.

Then again, my theatre is holdover central. They will still be showing DEADPOOL 2 and OCEAN'S 8 next week!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JB33 said:

My theatre isn't even getting DOG DAYS, which is odd given it's releasing in 2,500 theatres and they pretty much always pick up everything that's in 1,000 theatres or more. Not that I care at all, but it's just peculiar. It's a pretty wide release to ignore.

Then again, my theatre is holdover central. They will still be showing DEADPOOL 2 and OCEAN'S 8 next week!

The locally owned theaters by me are skipping it too, which is interesting considering they've been picking up no-name indies a lot lately. They're getting Klansman at least, so I don't have to worry about missing it (if I even have time next week; my schedule is pretty busy)

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The locally owned theaters by me are skipping it too, which is interesting considering they've been picking up no-name indies a lot lately. They're getting Klansman at least, so I don't have to worry about missing it (if I even have time next week; my schedule is pretty busy)

That's the other thing. My theatre isn't picking up Klansman either! Pissed! 

• Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

That's the other thing. My theatre isn't picking up Klansman either! Pissed! 

That sucks :( I'm a bit mad my AMC isn't getting it because I can't use A List on it, but again, I might not even have time to see it next week. It's more than likely expanding next weekend with the way presales are going though, so I wouldn't worry too much yet.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Yeah, safe to say Monday was partially inflated. AM&TW is down 35% from last week, if W+Th follow suit they’ll be 1.7M to put it at 199.5 for a 10.2ish 5th week (-30%).               

This is probably I2’s last non-holiday non-weekend day over 1M. It racked up an awful lot.

Who on here on the box office forums, in late 2014/2015 posted that Lucy and Ouija were still playing at their dollar theatres? @JB33 ‘s post reminded me of movies being in theatres for a longtime. 

Nice small increase for Mission Impossible, this should be at $200 million plus total if it continues to have decent holds.