kayumanggi

03.09 - 03.11 Weekend Estimates: 39.1 M THE LORAX | 30.6 M JOHN CARTER

B:LA had a great marketing campaign. The posters/trailers/Tv Spots were great. The SuperBowl Tv Spot was 100 times better than the John Carter SB Tv Spots.

Edited by CJohn

Immortals started just like John Carter. Terrible trailer and poster. But then, the final trailer and the final marketing push was great. The Tv Spots had an epic vibe and the poster is great. And Henry Cavill/Mickey Rourke/Freida Pinto is a better combo than pretty much everyone in John Carter not named Mark Strong.

Immortals started just like John Carter. Terrible trailer and poster. But then, the final trailer and the final marketing push was great. The Tv Spots had an epic vibe and the poster is great. And Henry Cavill/Mickey Rourke/Freida Pinto is a better combo than pretty much everyone in John Carter not named Mark Strong.

Henry Cavill is a terrible actor, imo. Not sure about Kitsch. I've only seen him as Gambit. But Dominic West, James Purefoy, Lynn Collins, Bryan Cranston are pretty damn good. They're not famous but they're better than Pinto and Cavill.

Henry Cavill is a terrible actor, imo. Not sure about Kitsch. I've only seen him as Gambit. But Dominic West, James Purefoy, Lynn Collins, Bryan Cranston are pretty damn good. They're not famous but they're better than Pinto and Cavill.

I didn't compared quality. ;)

I gotta say Paramount has done Eddie Murphy a huge favor by putting that Thousand Words movie out the same weekend as John Carter. While everyone's watching how John Carter performs, nearly no one has noticed the other 2 films coming out this weekend. Murphy got lucky

True. Since John Carter is the hot topic, Murphy's next bomb got little notice if not for John Carter's box office disappointment Murphy would be the easy punching bag

True. Since John Carter is the hot topic, Murphy's next bomb got little notice if not for John Carter's box office disappointment Murphy would be the easy punching bag

Nikki had a lot of fun with it.

Official weekend estimate: $39.1 million for 'The Lorax' from 3,746 locations. Location avg. = $10,430.Official weekend estimate: $7 million for 'Act of Valor' from 2,951 locations. Location avg. = $2,372.Official weekend estimate: $11.550 million for 'Project X' from 3,055 locations. Location avg. = $3,781.Official weekend estimate: $2.304 million for 'The Artist' from 1,505 locations. Location avg. = $1,531.https://twitter.com/#!/Boxoffice