cookie

Cookie's Corner Y4 - Spark 3 ending explained on page 14

So by now y’all probably figure what #2 and #1 is...

Big Enough by @Blankments came on from behind to remind us that the world is big enough for all of us  and big enough for two spots at the same time AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1. Big Enough

2. Big Enough

3. The Odyssey: Homecoming

4. Kingdom of the Sun

5. Mass Effect

6. Can You Imagine?

7. Pillars of Eternity: The Hollow Vale

8. By the Balls

9. Amulet II: The Last Council

10. Spark: Beyond the Sky

11. Pokémon: Rise of the Rockets

12. Starlit Highway

13. Silent Hill: Restless Dreams

14. A Month at Belmond Lane

15. Sir Thymes Time

16. American Dragon: Darkness Rising

17. Tulpa

18. The Mole

19. Blue & Gold

20. Resonance

21. Marked Up Time

22. Earthsong Vol 1: Haven’s Guard

23. Guardian of the West

24. Safari Trail

25. Bats / The Female Man

6 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Is it a thing that happens in the story or is the dialogue? I have a hunch it’s the later but I’m not entirely sure.

It’s a specific moment. Give me a few minutes and I’ll find it (I’ve been posting the whole top ten on mobile hence why it’s been dripping so slowly).

Edited by cookie

So here it is. Sorry @Rorschach

Melanthius jokes, obviously trying to look cool in front of the men, telling Antinous that his sister likes her partners hard rough, causing Melantho to angrily fire back about how he likes being dominated by other men before storming off to Penelope’s room, while the suitors howl in laughter at Melanthius, who is stunned silent in embarrassment.

Edited by cookie

18 minutes ago, cookie said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't see it as a big issue given the dominant/submissive relationship a fair amount of older and younger men had in ancient Greece. Maybe could have been worded a little better but that's what I assumed the comment was getting at.

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I don't see it as a big issue given the dominant/submissive relationship a fair amount of older and younger men had in ancient Greece. Maybe could have been worded a little better but that's what I assumed the comment was getting at.

Which is why I’m not downgrading its overall score, but given that it was the only time the topic of homosexuality ever  came up in the series (as far as I recall) and used to emasculate a villanous straight character it honestly became a ”I love this movie but I can’t in good conscience give this #1 because of that” moment for me. I know @Rorschach meant no ill so I’m not holding anything against him.

I’d elaborate on it a lot more but I’m in Germany with weak wi-fi and has been typing everything on an iPhone all day. When I’m back to using a desktop on Friday I can hopefully explain my reasoning better.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, cookie said:

Reveal hidden contents

tenor.gif?itemid=4656140

I can understand why someone would be uncomfortable with that. The scene in general definitely could've used some re-working.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4656140

I can understand why someone would be uncomfortable with that. The scene in general definitely could've used some re-working.

It warms me to know you’re being understanding. I was worried my post was going to be more controversial.

I have several moments in my back catalogue I’m not proud of either so I generally don’t want to be the one pointing fingers, but I wanted to be as transparent on this matter as possible.

Edited by cookie
  • Thanks 1