Bluebomb

Intouchables OS - 409.0m!

Yes, but does it make sense? They only have USA and some other markets to break even. Something like Three Men and a Baby was a local comedy that got a remake and was sold to the rest of the world. (LIke True lies, which was also based on a french flick.) They can't repeat the same pattern with Intouchables. Let's see.

Three Men and a Baby had a generic premise that was remade to appeal to moviegoers of different cultures. Not all of the French humour would have amused American audiences.Intouchables is going to be remade for English-speaking audiences for different reasons. Do I agree with it? I'm not sure but I can understand why they are doing it and don't begrudge them for doing so.

If this reaches 400 mil OS then english language remake is going to be super redundant and will only matter in DOM market.

Yup. No one will be seeing it in Europe, and now it seems some parts of Asia too.

Taiwan - $35,271 from 5 theatersGood opening. I think it's safe to say this will be a hit everywhere. This and A Simple Life are similar so I don't think we should expect monster legs or gross from Taiwan or any of the Asian markets where A Simple Life has come out.

If this reaches 400 mil OS then english language remake is going to be super redundant and will only matter in DOM marketI mean look at Dragon Tattoo ... and the original didn't even come close to Intouchables gross

Agree with this... the English-language remake isn't even a guaranteed hit in the DOM market- and OS will reject it just like Dragon Tattoo.I love Fincher and was really looking forward to DT but in the end, I was kind of happy to see OS audiences not welcome it the way we expected them to. The original was fine, thank you very much. Edited by rockNrollaDIM

For instance Switzerland:

pour la Suisse les chiffres de screen daily donne une recette dollar de 20 726 000 (soit 15 540 000 euros)

I don't know whether this is based on better data than your $20m estimate.

Edited by Rudolf