WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

38 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

yep, that's what the news told me)

and there were ~3 month of filming: from June ("an accident involving fire during filming on June 7 injured six crew members") till July 13, then from December 4 till January 17

One month missing

Bingo!))

I don't believe he planned 4 months shoot, he did Exodus in 74 days and Napoleon in around the same time, his production periods get shorter and shorter. There's no chance it's full 3 months shoot, I remember somebody mentioned he did Gladiator 2 in less than 2 months, it could be false, but last time he had normal production period with more than 1-2 takes was maybe 12 or 15 years ago. And there's no chance they test-screened the movie without month worth footage.

5 hours ago, Speedorito said:

Is this the good link, cannot see any mention of a budget

IMO this (and Mufasa to a smaller extent) is the massive wild card of the year, everything else can be pinned down to a general range, but this wouldn’t surprise me if it made 70m or if it made 350m

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Is this the good link, cannot see any mention of a budget

…Huh. They must’ve quietly edited the budget out because it’s not there anymore. Guess Paramount didn’t want the budget to be confirmed (so they can throw out a lower number later…)

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, Speedorito said:

I will take this as a confirmation of the confirmation.

I was going to say, strange for an actor to say something like that during an interview, it could be just an expression...

12 hours ago, Barnack said:

I will take this as a confirmation of the confirmation.

I was going to say, strange for an actor to say something like that during an interview, it could be just an expression...

To be fair, Paramount themselves confirmed the 300M number was real, they just argued the "net" budget was something like 260M (240?) and that the reporting should use that instead.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

To be fair, Paramount themselves confirmed the 300M number was real, they just argued the "net" budget was something like 260M (240?) and that the reporting should use that instead.

Yeah that’s probably what will get reported by Deadline and Variety and stuff close to release.

FWIW, other outlets have pulled from the GQ article and repeat the 300M line, so they can’t completely scrub it anymore.

https://www.indiewire.com/news/general-news/ridley-scott-gladiator-2-eight-cameras-joseph-quinn-1235015368/

• Like 1

On 6/12/2024 at 12:51 PM, Maggie said:

Apparently, the movie test screened in April. so i don't know if these are reshoots or pickup shoots. It doesn't make sense to still have a month to film and screen an unfinished film. Unless, the response from the test screening has not been good...

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/4/25/dr0xt0cqdqhhsuhjqt8a9argotk6s9

What do you mean by unfinished? If you mean final cut, very few actual test screenings (as opposed to  advance screenings; two different things) show what the studio thinks is a final cut. The whole reason for test screenngs is to get  an audience reaction so you can make changes.

If the "reshoot a big battle" story is true, then its shades of the 1963 Cleopatra. After the film was completed, and, interesitngly enough, after the director Joseph Manciewicz had been basically kicked out of the editing room by Darryl Zanuck, Zanuck found out the all important battle between Pompey and Caesar that opens the film looked incredibly cheap and tacky..astounding given how much they had spent on it..the scene was beyond saving in the editing room. So Zanuck had no choice but ot rehire Manciewicz bring back Rex Harrison for a bonus nearly as big as his original salary for the whole film (the contract with Harrison had expired ong ago) and spend a massive amount on reshooting the battle and it's aftermath.

That no one at Fox during production caught how tacky the vital opening sequence was long before Zanuck took a look at it is a exmaple of how messed up the whole m aking of Cleo 63 was.

I am sort of curious as to how Glaidator 2 will end..particulary how they will handle the death of Caracella..Let's just say that if they stick to history, the main charecter will not have a major role in the emperor's demise.

• Like 1

Paramount went all in on Gladiator II at CineEurope today, showing off an exclusive extended look at Ridley Scott’s sequel to his 2000 Best Picture Oscar winner. Introducing the footage in a video clip, Scott promised that Gladiator II, coming nearly two-and-a-half decades after the original, is “well worth the wait”; the audience today agreed. 

That's amazing, but maybe they should, you know, start marketing the best movie ever to the actual paying audience instead of selected fake hype eaters? Just a thought. The movie comes out in just 5 months and there's still no poster, let alone trailer.

Edited by TomThomas

36 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

Paramount went all in on Gladiator II at CineEurope today, showing off an exclusive extended look at Ridley Scott’s sequel to his 2000 Best Picture Oscar winner. Introducing the footage in a video clip, Scott promised that Gladiator II, coming nearly two-and-a-half decades after the original, is “well worth the wait”; the audience today agreed. 

That's amazing, but maybe they should, you know, start marketing the best movie ever to the actual paying audience instead of selected fake hype eaters? Just a thought. The movie comes out in just 5 months and there's still no poster, let alone trailer.

Yeah FFS release the damn trailer already

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

Exclusively in theaters with A Quiet Place Day One 😛

I know it may be shocking to the majority younger people around here but that's the way it used to be in the pre interenet days of the 80's and early 90's. Entertainment Tonight would debut trailers and besides that you had to see the movies in the theaters to get trailers. But in this give it to me now ERA we live in that leads to this why aren't they marketing this yelling and stuff. We will get the trailer for this in the nest week or so if not then yeah maybe something is amiss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

Exclusively in theaters with A Quiet Place Day One 😛

Paramount are dumb enough to waste over 310 mln on this, but not that dumb to show it only in theaters. It's probably coming next week online, unless all this artificial hype is The Flash-like bullshit (which wouldn't surprise me).

Moved up to November 15th. I like it, gives it more room before the screening crunch of Moana and Wicked. I wouldn’t be surprised if Wicked takes the 22nd date now

40 minutes ago, Flip said:

Moved up to November 15th. I like it, gives it more room before the screening crunch of Moana and Wicked. I wouldn’t be surprised if Wicked takes the 22nd date now

Don't think it did. Haven't seen anything.