WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

11 hours ago, dudalb said:

Deoends on how seriously you want your film to be taken, really.

I enjoyued Django as a movie, but I found it totally lacking when came to giving you a feel for what life was like in Antebellum America. Tarantino should stick to the 20th century.

Well it's his most successful movie (and my favourite of his) so I disagree strongly with your last sentence.

13 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Huge numbers for the trailer. Almost 3 times Top Gun 2. Doesn't mean will open bigger but the interest is here for sure. 

3x trailer figures means 3x box office figures. It's science 

27 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

3x trailer figures means 3x box office figures. It's science 

No but very unlikely It means also 3 times worst. 

Speaking about the ancient romans they were used to say "the Truth It's always in the middle" 😄

Edited by vale9001

53 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

More interest than Maverick then. 100m OW is happening

Maybe in some alternate reality. Should I remind that last Transformers movie trailer supposedly had 400 mln views or something and did just $438 mln worldwide?

Edited by Firepower

6 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Maybe in the alternate reality. Should I remind that last Transformers movie supposedly had 400 mln views or something and did just $438 mln worldwide?

Man 180 m views for a trailer in 24 hours i don't know what you are laughing about or what we are talking about now. Crazy numbers and means big interest. You're pure trolling now denying the biggest debut ever for a Paramount plus movie means there Is no interest.

Then of course doesn't translate into big tickets at any cost but the fact shows interest It's a fact.

I mean It's not surpising too. Gladiator of course has a bigger global appeal than a movie about the US army. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

it seems the barbie situation 1 year ago, with some people denying all the numbers, all the buzz to insiste even "cats trailer make good numbers, doesn't mean nothing!"

A transformers movie it's a very different thing from something like this. Top gun 2 as another "first" sequel after decades of an adult action drama movie it's definitely something more similar and more interesting to compare with. 

Edited by vale9001

6 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Maybe in some alternate reality. Should I remind that last Transformers movie trailer supposedly had 400 mln views or something and did just $438 mln worldwide?

Nobody over 40 gives a shit about Transformers (especially true for the later installments). Gladiator seems to have the youth (internet views) and the older demographic on its side. Transformers is a movie franchise on life support, Gladiator is a sequel to a classic. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll live up to some of the lofty expectations but one can poke many holes in your argument.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Man 180 m views for a trailer in 24 hours i don't know what you are laughing about or what we are talking about now. Crazy numbers and means big interest.

Not discounting that it has huge interest, but per that article, it had 128M in the first 24 hours, 177M in the first 48 hours and 180M at the time of publication.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Man 180 m views for a trailer in 24 hours i don't know what you are laughing about or what we are talking about now. Crazy numbers and means big interest. You're pure trolling now denying the biggest debut ever for a Paramount plus movie means there Is no interest.

Then of course doesn't translate into big tickets at any cost but the fact shows interest It's a fact.

I mean It's not surpising too. Gladiator of course has a bigger global appeal than a movie about the US army. 

The article claims its 128 mln views in 24 hours and 177 in 48 hours,

But my point is those views don't necessarily translate to big box office numbers, hence my Transformers: Rise of Beasts comparison.

That movie about the US army did 777 mln overseas without China, numbers Gladiator 2 won't ever reach.

Edited by Firepower

Man I have to be honest...

The more I watch the trailer the more I love it! A lot of people didn't though. It's fascinating to see the range of reactions. I do think that when you're you doing a sequel to such an iconic movie you're going to get a lot of hard expectations and stances. It's kind of like how fans are about Star Wars. There's a ton of passion and it's literally impossible to give everyone exactly what they dreamed up in their heads.

There's no question I will be there opening day seeing this in IMAX. There's a risk I'll be heartbroken and disappoint but that's life. 

Edited by Insomnia
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Firepower said:

Internet views do not automatically equal ticket sales. We have seen this so often it should not even be necessary to point it out.

But fanboys are going to fanboy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dudalb said:

Internet views do not automatically equal ticket sales. We have seen this so often it should not even be necessary to point it out.

But fanboys are going to fanboy.

But more often than not, they do equate to a big hit. Fanboys aren't fanboying, they're just using all the tools available to spot this hit in advance

On 7/12/2024 at 12:10 AM, ChipDerby said:

Yeah no other type of music is full of cuss words and dirty language lmao

Are you people even reading what you write 

There's more of it in rap as the writing is usually lazier and aimed at the young.

I see no middle ground with this film. Imo its either going to be huge, or underperform badly.

The orig film is so beloved by almost everyone, yet all i keep seeing on forums and stuff is how this film wasnt needed, even by big fans .

Also for me, the main guy, and the emperor, well they dont have the screen presence of Crowe and Phoenix. The tailer also made the film seem basically like a remake off the first film.

I just dont know with this one.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2024 at 11:21 PM, jking123 said:

This hysteria is baffling.  Just outrage for the sake of outrage and i am not discounting right wingers being mad also.

Honestly the F1 teaser had a more annoying song inclusion.

Watch some 'trailer reactions' on Youtube, the amount of people who facepalm when the rap music starts is pretty funny.

Imagine instread of the rap music, they played like the Germany battle music from the start of Gladiator. Much more appealing and relevant.