WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

11 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

DP3 is a 4-quad blockbuster, that appeals to everyone. Also, it is laughable to characterize movies like Spiderman as "zoomer movies". It is guaranteed there is at least some overlap between DP3 and Gladiator 2 audience.

*Some overlap. Spider-Man is pure zoomer movie, just like all MCU flicks, nothing laughable about it, Yellowstone audience couldn't care less about clowns in pants. Real 4-quad movies have better legs than "we are out of fanboys on a second weekend". DP3 is the same type of movie as something like No Way Home or Multiverse of Madness, just with blood and dirty jokes. Gladiator core audience is Sound of Freedom or Top Gun: Maverick audience, white male boomer who doesn't follow social media nonsense.

11 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yes they should went with the movie it was much more similar too QP Day One....

They are both not similar to say the least.

Edited by TomThomas

2 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

They are both not similar.

Yeah exactly. The closest movie in genre would have been Furiosa and even that was a stretch and that was 6 months out and based on that movie's  BO it was probably smart not too drop it back then. 

10 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

I like how days ago everyone was saying it needs to come out this week. Now that it’s confirmed it’s coming next month suddenly it’s no big deal.

It's called copium.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

I like how days ago everyone was saying it needs to come out this week. Now that it’s confirmed it’s coming next month suddenly it’s no big deal.

Only because it would've meant we wouldn't have to deal with this bullshit anymore

Edited by AniNate
  • Thanks 2

Similar to some other films, NWH had a gargantuan amount of online chatter which basically doubles as advertising. Late trailers mean very little there.

I actually think that effective release strategy has changed tremendously over there last few years. This is a sequel to an iconic film, yes, though it is missing the 2 major stars of the original...so how much a sequel is it really is debatable. 

Either way, a trailer now isn't necessary. It's going to be a big deal whenever it debuts. If there is any downside, there is a lot of pressure for it deliver. If the trailer is "meh", there isn't much time to recover. 

Edited by excel1

40 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Starting an ad campaign for an adult-driven R-rated action drama in the middle of summer when it's not even coming out until Thanksgiving is NOT a red flag. This isn't some fan-driven Star Wars/MCU movie. It's freaking Gladiator. 

15 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah exactly. The closest movie in genre would have been Furiosa and even that was a stretch and that was 6 months out and based on that movie's  BO it was probably smart not too drop it back then. 

I agree, no need to market the most expensive R rated movie ever made that doesn't have reliable IP, it'll sell itself somehow.

Anyway, I made my point, I'll have my last laugh when this thing gets Napoleon/Robin Hood/Exodus reception, 300 mln WW and 200-300 mln loses for fools from Paramount.

Edited by TomThomas

I said yesterday yes I think the earlier the better but I said on the other hand if they want to wait until they are going to have the most eyeballs watching it there is nothing wrong on waiting until a movie that opens to 150+ and is R Rated. That 's maybe the reason but none of us know the reasons do we because we are not sitting in the Paramount offices. 

Moderation

Okay @Speedorito @TomThomas that is enough. Straight up, that is enough. I don't know why you two have this vendetta against this movie, but it's not funny anymore. We understand you are pessimistic, but saying this over and over and over and over and over again offers nothing of value and does not make you look good whatsoever. If you're just gonna add nothing of value other than this nonsensical concern trolling, you are going to leave me with no other choice but to threadban the both of you. Your choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Similar to some other films, NWH had a gargantuan amount of online chatter which basically doubles as advertising. Late trailers mean very little there.

I actually think that effective release strategy has changed tremendously over there last few years. This is a sequel to an iconic film, yes, though it is missing the 2 major stars of the original...so how much a sequel is it really is debatable. 

Either way, a trailer now isn't necessary. It's going to be a big deal whenever it debuts. If there is any downside, there is a lot of pressure for it deliver. If the trailer is "meh", there isn't much time to recover. 

plus it was covid there was nothing else to talk about media wise lol 

On 6/21/2024 at 5:07 PM, emoviefan said:

And they better have the trailer drop next week. No excuse not too. 

On 6/22/2024 at 2:29 AM, emoviefan said:

Yeah next week sometime is the drop dead date for getting a trailer for this. There is no excuse for not having a trailer in front of QP Day One. Yeah that's  not R Rated and the genre is different but they need to get the GA on board to knowing this movie exists and not just keep showing the trailer to insiders and exhibitors. Put up or shut up time.

6 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Or maybe they want to drop a trailer for a anticipated R rated movie in front of maybe the biggest anticipated R rated movie of the year. But no let's go with the Movie is in trouble and they are hiding it narrative.

Yes they should went with the movie it was much more similar too QP Day One....

200w.gif?cid=6c09b95285xcyu9sqyc5529hgo7

Edited by Firepower
  • Haha 1

Thought occurred to me that the NFL preseason (Hall of Fame game) will also be getting underway days after Deadpool releases, and also the Olympics will be happening around then, so they're probably timing to that as well

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Firepower said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b95285xcyu9sqyc5529hgo7

Wow you got me there. Kudo's to you.Pat yourself on the back. Smart to leave out the post where I say on the other hand waiting to Deadpool is just fine. Sorry I don't stick to the this movie is terrible and a bomb because they are waiting like you , Speedarito, and TomThomas are.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

Wow you got me there. Kudo's to you.Pat yourself on the back. Smart to leave out the post where I say on the other hand waiting to Deadpool is just fine. Sorry I don't stick to the this movie is terrible and a bomb because they are waiting like you , Speedarito, and TomThomas are.

I don't change my shoes in a second if something happens, it's kind of funny, just saying'.

I'm not writing this one off until Paramount puts Kanye song in its trailer thinking their audience are idiots and Stephen King declares it the best movie ever on X, that's where my red line is crossed.