AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

6 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

By nominating Black Panther for 12 awards. Makes me sick to think about movies like TDK or Logan not receiving their dues, compared to BP, but... that's most likely what's gonna happen.

It gets better.

On the Basis of Sex is also doing really well for Focus considering it also hasn’t factored into the awards conversation. It’s selling really well for next weekend when it opens here too so this could be one to watch out for since the mainstream appeal is there.

8 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

Will probably get to around 215-220M by the end of Jan 1. Smaug and I Am Legend were at around the same gross on the 30th despite releasing a week earlier and doing half the dailies Aquaman is doing. Those 2 movies ended at around 260M which is the floor for Aquaman's final gross now if it just dies after next weekend. 320M finish looking very likely with mid-tier legs from here especially with the empty January.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Will probably get to around 215-220M by the end of Jan 1. Smaug and I Am Legend were at around the same gross on the 30th despite releasing a week earlier and doing half the dailies Aquaman is doing. Those 2 movies ended at around 260M which is the floor for Aquaman's final gross now if it just dies after next weekend. 320M finish looking very likely with mid-tier legs from here especially with the empty January.

Thinking about the same now. Above BvS is where I think a likely finish with a little softer drops. 

• Like 1

Also, after seeing Vice, the tepid numbers make sense. Those expecting easy Republican satire given McKay’s involvement won’t find it (which is probably what led to that low-ish CinemaScore grade), and the film doesn’t shine a light on anything that we didn’t already know. Movies about politics will continue to do meh business for the foreseeable future.

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also, after seeing Vice, the tepid numbers make sense. Those expecting easy Republican satire given McKay’s involvement won’t find it (which is probably what led to that low-ish CinemaScore grade), and the film doesn’t shine a light on anything that we didn’t already know. Movies about politics will continue to do meh business for the foreseeable future.

That won’t stop studios from spending $80 million on a fucking movie about Dick Cheney, though. 

Edited by Chaz