AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

Disney and Pixar will never divulge the true budget for this, there was a interview with Ed Catmull where he says that they want their films to last longer and the pressure to keep high quality hence why the budgets are much higher and that the low cost films while they'll be hits will have more mixed results. 

I can't believe how people want this movie to suck and fail. Pixar is one of the only companies that made such amazing and original movies, you can't be on the top forever, but i think they always (except Cars) make good films with amazing animation. I like Minions, but if i have to be honest, it was an average movie at the best and didn't read people canibalizing that movie even when it open HIGHER than Toy Story 3, a much better film (a lot) coming from 2 much better films than Despicable Me (franchise that i enjoy). Pixar is still the king of animation

1 hour ago, tribefan695 said:

Not you, the general critical consensus

The general critical consensus is that most like the movie and think it's good, its just not another Inside Out, not that it's bland. There are a few detractors but otherwise the reaction seems to be mostly positive.

I've heard nothing but praise from some of my friends that have already seen it. I'll be seeing it Friday afternoon.

I was gonna mock the Malick comparison last night, but I can actually see it. Mid-tier Pixar for me, but I still bawled my eyes out at the end and loved it soooo all good in my book

Although I don't know why my theater gave me every awful looking animated movie in the next few months (besides Zootopia) but didn't attach the Dory teaser

11 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Tribe, you're acting like critics are taking a dump on it. "Beautiful yet familiar" seems to be the word. Nothing wrong with that. 

I dunno, just feels like it should be doing a lot better than MU and Cars. I really don't think it ought to be lumped in with them on the Pixar scale of quality. Even if you don't like this movie you have to at least respect the things they tried here a lot more.

Edited by tribefan695

So guys I don't want to be spoiled because I'm going to watch it this weekend but please tell me why it's only at 80% on RT? While its not bad at all it's not IO so can you tell what are some of the things reviewers hated and what they liked (without spoilers) :)

9 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

So guys I don't want to be spoiled because I'm going to watch it this weekend but please tell me why it's only at 80% on RT? While its not bad at all it's not IO so can you tell what are some of the things reviewers hated and what they liked (without spoilers) :)

Only 80%?! Oh no! It must be awful