PatrickvD

The Pixar Club

"turgid bore" is a perfectly valid way to describe Frankenweenie. (I enjoyed it, but it's damn slow.)

It stays on message more than either PN or WIR does, though, I think. I wasn't a huge fan of it, but it left me feeling in the best mood at the end out of all the other 2012 contenders.

Lol, I have a hard time believing that. I guess you haven't seen the first two then, cause it was lightyears ahead of those two alone.

FIrst two were better, and I don't care for the first. I love the second though, the only good Madagascar film. Can't beat Bernie Mac, you just can't.

FIrst two were better, and I don't care for the first. I love the second though, the only good Madagascar film. Can't beat Bernie Mac, you just can't.

The third is the only one I even remotely like. The second bored me, and the first is arguably DWA's worst effort along with Shark Tale.

It stays on message more than either PN or WIR does, though, I think. I wasn't a huge fan of it, but it left me feeling in the best mood at the end out of all the other 2012 contenders.

Um  what exactly was Frankenweenie's "message"? :wacko:  WiR's message is pretty damn clear: accept yourself and don't try to change who you are to please others.

Um  what exactly was Frankenweenie's "message"? :wacko:  WiR's message is pretty damn clear: accept yourself and don't try to change who you are to please others.

Isn't it the message of 75% of the animated movies by the way ? 

Undead pets have feelings too? I mean, it's silly and unrelatable, but it maintained my sympathy. 

"Be Yourself" may have been what WIR was going for, but I didn't find Vanellope's "self" very appealing and the reveal of her being a princess kind of goes against it, anyway.

Edited by tribefan695

It was nothing to write home about either. 2012 was all about WiR in animation for me. Madagascar 3 takes runner up for sheer vibrant summer fun.

Paranorman was my favorite animated film of 2012  :ph34r:

Edited by Fancyarcher

I want to see The Incredibles sequel but Cars 3 seems like just another cash cow for Disney, aren't the Planes spin-offs enough? 

I'm guessing 2017 one for either Incredibles 2 or Cars 3 since it's a year when Pixar has two films.