MrGlass2

The Wandering Earth | Feb 8 2019 (US) | Directed by Frant Gwo | China's first major science fiction movie

Saw it last week and it was quite disappointing.

Thankfully it wasn't dubbed which I half expected, but my goodness what awful editing. Half of all dialogue is delivered as VO or OS as well as riddled with irrelevant numbers like "unit 2418" or "engine 113224." On top of that the subtitles got worse as the movie went on, eventually becoming straight-up broken English by the third act. Fortunately the visual effects get better as it goes. There are definitely some haunting images and interesting set pieces, even if you don't care one iota about a majority of the characters, many of whom are barely given an introduction yet the script asks you to care about them anyway. 

In other words, very much on brand on for disaster films. 

Nice I can't wait. Broken English and flaws I couldn't care less. Great thing about living in UK is Netflix has had tons of stuff from Europe, India, South America and I love seeing different perspectives from around the world.

Imo check out the Turkish show called the Protector on Netflix. It's actually not too bad.

• Like 1