Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I'd still consider 80M for Alita a win. A lot more than it woulda done had Fox kept it in Christmas. 

Yes, it probably will do better then it would have in the December compettion, but 80 Million is stlll not good news for a film withich needs 400 Million to break even,and does not look as if overseas is going to put it over the top.

Still has a uphill battle to break even.

• Like 1

Deadline did some slight downgrading to the numbers.

Now, it’s looking like she has the upper hand with $27M over Second Part‘s $25.5M during the Friday-Monday stretch, respective 3-day is $22.9M to $20M.

Alita is looking at $7M Friday, -18% from yesterday while Lego Movie 2 is clocking a second Friday of $4.5M. 5-day run for Alita stateside currently stands at $35.7M

#CRUMBLING

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So, i just finished watching Alita.

Its fantastic. Has some narrative issues and many people will find the ending a bit frustrating, but its a ton of fun. Alita herself looks extremely good, the CGI is great.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Not going after Alita. Speed Racer is just a masterpiece, that is it. And who gets worked up about a movie? Clearly, the people who can't take some light banter.

Maybe if you didn't make a good majority of your posts in the past few weeks about how Alita is going to bomb and whatnot, then I'd probably give you the benefit of the doubt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Maybe if you didn't make a good majority of your posts in the past few weeks about how Alita is going to bomb and whatnot, then I'd probably give you the benefit of the doubt

Oh sorry, I didn't know I can't speculate how a movie is going to perform in the box office on a box office forum. And I still stand by my point that the movie is going to lose some money. 

• Knock It Off 1

Also, since this is apparently the weekend thread now...

Runtimes w/out attachments for next week

HTTYD: The Hidden World: 1:33. A Dog's Journey and Secret Life of Pets 2 (Trailer #5. I don't know if that means it's the Gidget trailer, or a brand new one)

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-captain-marvel-tracking-for-140m-launch-early-forecasts-forhellboy-little-missing-link/

Hellboy: 17-25 range. 22/46

Little: 12-18 range. 15/43

Missing Link: 7-15 range. 10/39

There are some other slight alterations here and there, but I don't really care that much to share them here

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Oh sorry, I didn't know I can't speculate how a movie is going to perform in the box office on a box office forum. And I still stand by my point that the movie is going to lose some money. 

There's a difference between predicting vs. going on and on about it in the same threads.  If you're not excited for the movie, maybe just...don't talk about it so much?  I'm not saying don't have a negative outlook, I'm saying to shut up about it for once

• Like 1

Hope Alita bombing might mean Hollywood stops making live action adaptations of Anime.  Anime looks alot better animated rather than live action.

God knows that Attack on Titan is going to look horrid.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

1 minute ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Hope Alita bombing might mean Hollywood stops making live action of Anime.  Anime looks alot better animated rather than live action.

They just announced a Your Name remake with Marc Webb directing... 

• Sad 2
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

If you're not excited for the movie, maybe just...don't talk about it so much? I'm saying to shut up about it for once

Nah. This isn't a fan forum. Hell, this isn't even the thread in the forum made specifically for the movie. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Knock It Off 2

Just now, TMP said:

They just announced a Your Name remake with Marc Webb directing... 

me: "oh boy Alita was so good!  hopefully this means Hollywood will finally get on the right track with live action anime/manga adaptations!"

Hollywood: "Here's a remake of Your Name from the guy who made The Amazing Spider-Man."

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Doesn't really give you the excuse to repeat things ad nauseum. And this is coming from someone with no interest in Alita at all.

But we have had people repeat how the movie is going to make a billion or how the movie is going to beat those "dumb marvel films" in the Alita thread. 

Just now, That One Guy said:

me: "oh boy Alita was so good!  hopefully this means Hollywood will finally get on the right track with live action anime/manga adaptations!"

Hollywood: "Here's a remake of Your Name from the guy who made The Amazing Spider-Man."

Alita was... no good!

Marc Webb is like a less interesting version of Josh Trank; at least my boy Trank had the cajones to put himself in director jail through twitter. Marc Webb's still going picture to picture trying to be the biggest journeyman gun-for-hire around. 

• ...wtf 1