Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

Alita is doing better than i thought. I predicted 15M OW and it's doing almost double. The power of Jim!

Hey I am only falling off the Empire State Building half as fast as I though I was, that means things are going to be OK.

But thanks for a amusing attempt to spin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It’s pretty good, nothing deep but very solid.

I kinda appreciate My Hero Aca for beeing just a simple, fun show. So many shows try to go into thematic and pschological depths, some succed and are great, some fail and fall flat on their faces, its nice to have something that simply wants to entertain the viewer and nothing more.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Hey I am only falling off the Empire State Building half as fast as I though I was, that means things are going to be OK.

But thanks for a amusing attempt to spin.

I said from the beginning it was a hard sell. It's actually doing better than Edge of Tomorrow. That's a movie it should be compared to.

Edited by Alli
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

I kinda appreciate My Hero Aca for beeing just a simple, fun show. So many shows try to go into thematic and pschological depths, some succed and are great, some fail and fall flat on their faces, its nice to have something that simply wants to entertain the viewer and nothing more.

You also get best girls like: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Clearly it's not an NY/LA type of movie although I doubt it does much in wide release. It's being released with little fanfare despite good reviews.

I think MGM paid $17.5m for worldwide rights so even if it's doesn't do great business, they likely will break even or make a small profit since I think they sold overseas rights. 

9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Hey wait isnt that the date for Godzilla vs King Kong?

Godzilla vs Kong would most certainly move, I think if they want to stay in May, I would move to May 9th or May 15th, move to end of June and move In The Heights to August or perhaps April now that there is no real big films for Easter

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Alli said:

I said from the beginning it was a hard sell. It's actually doing better than Edge of Tomorrow. That's a movie it should be compared to.

Is it ?

Edge of tomorrow true Friday was around 8.8M and that had summer days in front of it for it's legs.

21 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Needs a good run run in China for that.

Pre sales looks decent in China right now, indicating a high 40 to 50's opening weekend and a total of around 100m which is where most SH movies land. But then again Aquaman's PS was nothing out of the ordinary (even pretty low compared to SH movies in 2018) but it went on to obliterate even the most optimistic predictions. Black Panthe had good PS and was expected to do well on OW but its OW multiplier and legs were atrocious. So who knows, it will all depend on how the movie is received. 

Opening close to CNY where so many movies (especially Wandering Earth) are doing huge business is a factor that could hurt Alita, but that remains to be seen. 

But overall PS is decent. Not great but not bad either. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Pre sales looks decent in China right now, indicating a high 40 to 50's opening weekend and a total of around 100m which is where most SH movies land. But then again Aquaman's PS was nothing out of the ordinary (even pretty low compared to SH movies in 2018) but it went on to obliterate even the most optimistic predictions. Black Panthe had good PS and was expected to do well on OW but its OW multiplier and legs were atrocious. So who knows, it will all depend on how the movie is received. 

Opening close to CNY where so many movies (especially Wandering Earth) are doing huge business is a factor that could hurt Alita, but that remains to be seen. 

But overall PS is decent. Not great but not bad either. 

Alita is going to have to better then decent in China to pull ALita out of the hole, though.

• ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I don't see Disney making Alita 2 when they can spend the money on a live action Home on the Range remake instead

maybe in 20 years there'll be nostalgia for it and they can do a live action alita remake.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1