sfran43

Wednesday numbers 2/20/19 - Alita: Battle Angel $1.73M🙁

Alita is a weekend film. Friday & Saturday should make some moderate helpings. But it’s gaining a hair more screens. However, isn’t playing in IMAX as well(which I think HTTYD 3 is as well)? If that’s the case. I’m  saying $70-$80 million should happen.. unless it pulls surprising legs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Everyone's crying over Alita but the movie is gonna get a huge Saturday bump and have a solid hold. It's playing like a cbm so far (well, one could argue it IS a cbm, actually). Don't worry yet.

People won’t settle down til it passes $500-550m to break even. 

7 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Alita is a weekend film. Friday & Saturday should make some moderate helpings. But it’s gaining a hair more screens. However, isn’t playing in IMAX as well(which I think HTTYD 3 is as well)? If that’s the case. I’m  saying $70-$80 million should happen.. unless it pulls surprising legs. 

Actually Alita is keeping much of its premium theaters including IMAX.

• Astonished 2

9 minutes ago, Premium George said:

What happened?

So I saw that DMan7 posted an eyebrow-raised face as a reply to someone who posted a smily face; I gave him the "disbelief" reaction, and he quoted me with the "disbelief" face. So I apologized for giving him the "disbelief" reaction, and he quoted my apology with the same eyebrow-raised face he had given the other guy. In other words, I really don't know what happened. I barely understand internet etiquette. I would describe this situation as an "awkward situation."

10 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

🤨

The main reason I had reacted with the disbelief emoticon was because the eyebrow-raised face sort of rubbed me weirdly, but I wanted to express that in a way that was playful and lighthearted, and I surmised that the "disbelief" reaction would be better to post than the "not cool" reaction, because the "disbelief" reaction actually gives the individual another point for their reactio tally, while "not cool" doesn't allow that. And I did apologize for that becuse I wasn't sure if you had been offended by that. I don't mean any harm. I can take off the reaction if you would like me to.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Slambros said:

So I saw that DMan7 posted an eyebrow-raised face as a reply to someone who posted a smily face; I gave him the "disbelief" reaction, and he quoted me with the "disbelief" face. So I apologized for giving him the "disbelief" reaction, and he quoted my apology with the same eyebrow-raised face he had given the other guy. In other words, I really don't know what happened. I barely understand internet etiquette. I would describe this situation as an "awkward situation."

The main reason I had reacted with the disbelief emoticon was because the eyebrow-raised face sort of rubbed me weirdly, but I wanted to express that in a way that was playful and lighthearted, and I surmised that the "disbelief" reaction would be better to post than the "not cool" reaction, because the "disbelief" reaction actually gives the individual another point for their reactio tally, while "not cool" doesn't allow that. And I did apologize for that becuse I wasn't sure if you had been offended by that. I don't mean any harm. I can take off the reaction if you would like me to.

Lol, I don't think dman7 cares.

3 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Offended how though. Btw here's a giant one. :P

🤨

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

Offended how though. Btw here's a giant one. :P

🤨

Well, I was worried that you might've been thinking that I was being like one of those "trying to get offended" types, one of those "holy roller" types. But I see now that such a face was a gesture of inquiry into what the smiley face meant, rather than a questioning of the validity of the smiley face. So my reason for jumping into the playful facial gesture extravaganza was rooted in a personal misunderstanding about the reason why the eyebrow-raised face was posted. I hope you are not bothered by this.

😬

• Like 1