MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

No, but they would probably consider having Aquaman continue as a separate franchise like The Batman.

Yup, if this makes over 1b I don't see how Warner doesn't just let them finish up a trilogy. It would feel like a waste of money not to make a trilogy out of it

9 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Yup, if this makes over 1b I don't see how Warner doesn't just let them finish up a trilogy. It would feel like a waste of money not to make a trilogy out of it

This ain't making a billion dollars and I am on the positive side for this movie. It will be the biggest DC movie of the year but the bar for that is pretty low. 700-900 seems doable and they should and will be happy. Hell they would be happy with 500 probably. 

6 minutes ago, HummingLemon said:

Which "0.00001% chance it's happening" would be more surprising? Aquaman 2 above the first movie worldwide or Aquaman 2 worldwide below Black Adam worldwide?

Making above 1st movie. DCEU in the ditch. 5 years later, CBMS not at their peak in general. Post Covid moviegoing. Yadda Yadda Yadda. Never  bet  against the Aquamoms coming out again in full force again though. 

1 hour ago, HummingLemon said:

Which "0.00001% chance it's happening" would be more surprising? Aquaman 2 above the first movie worldwide or Aquaman 2 worldwide below Black Adam worldwide?

Aquaman making more than the first worldwide is less likely than Aquaman 2 coming under the century mark domestically and under The Flash WW

• Haha 1

Aquaman 2 coming under Black Adam WW is very likely if it's truly as trash as every leaker is saying it is.

The only way it can come above the first WW is if China somehow goes back to 2018 levels in the next 3 months, which is not happening, and if it has Maverick-tier WOM.

8 minutes ago, HummingLemon said:

I have absolutely no idea how this somehow dips below $270M WW with a holiday release. Do you have a breakdown? Is it gonna open to $30M with like 3x legs?

I do not think it will get anywhere close to that low. Right now I think $500m. I believe in Wan.

I think we really have to wait and see what reception is like here. If it’s genuinely bad, audiences simply aren’t going to go for that with a CBM in 2023. The fatigue is very real, it will bomb spectacularly. If it’s decent at least, holiday will probably push it at least over 500 WW, maybe even 600 or something. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Can see this doing just as bad as the other recent DC movies, maybe slightly better with how big the first film was.

The problem is that it suffers the same stigma as the other recent DC movies, and that is that its 'pointless'

Everyone knows the DCU is being rebooted, and this film is a part of a dead universe. It would be like those Apple fanboys who buy all the latest Apple tech, going and buying a I-Phone 5 or something.

Imo WB announcing so early that they are rebooting the DCU has cost them probably 100's of millions, maybe even a bill+ when taking into account just how many DCU films they have released since announcing the reboot.

You would think they would of known better to be honest.

Edited by stuart360

5 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Aquaman 2 coming under Black Adam WW is very likely if it's truly as trash as every leaker is saying it is.

The only way it can come above the first WW is if China somehow goes back to 2018 levels in the next 3 months, which is not happening, and if it has Maverick-tier WOM.

remember these leakers acted like The Flash was God's gift to man. Also, the first Aquaman was actually more liked by the general audience than critics or the internet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

remember these leakers acted like The Flash was God's gift to man. Also, the first Aquaman was actually more liked by the general audience than critics or the internet

True. I hope it can break the DC's B cinemascore streak that has been going on since Shazam.

• Like 1