MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

23 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I think the DCU is a bit cooked. The idea of DC is too fresh in the GA mind and I think the universe will suffer because of it. 

should have waited a decade or so before rebooting. Only a 1 year gap is not enough time 

Wont even be a year cause Creature Commandos, the first show in this new DCU, is supposed to be out late next year.

but yeah, some time off save for The Batman and Joker followups would have been good. Maybe more 3-5 year break than a a decade though.

Great: 
Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman 1984
Zack Snyder's Justice League
The Suicide Squad

Good:
Man of Steel
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition
The Flash

Okay:
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Shazam!
Aquaman

Bad: 
Justice League

Haven't Watched: 
Suicide Squad
Birds of Prey
Black Adam
Shazam! Fury of the Gods
Blue Beetle

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Not always. When the trailer came out the consensus was that the test screenings were fake and that the movie was going to be decent

The movie is decent lol entertaining enough for me and the few peers so far who I know have seen it, critical reception is another story though but I don’t think any critic walked out a screening.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

The movie is decent lol entertaining enough for me and the few peers so far who I know have seen it, critical reception is another story though but I don’t think any critic walked out a screening.

Yeah I've mostly heard good things from people who've seen the movie. Critics are a different story. I don't think a B+ Cinemascore is impossible. 

12 minutes ago, Super said:

I wouldn’t rule out an A- either. 

Reception here in Brazil seems pretty good, so is Spain and China 

SK is meh but not bad, France is meh to positive 

So far WOM seems better overall than most CBM this year. Obviously it won’t save it but maybe it can avoid an absolute clusterfuck like The Marvels 

Let’s see, sales on US seems decent (compared to what was looking few days ago), the bad reviews are not doing any apparent effect. Let’s see the CS, a B+ in holidays could be enough for it to try 100M DOM if it opens with 26-27M

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Reception here in Brazil seems pretty good, so is Spain and China 

SK is meh but not bad, France is meh to positive 

So far WOM seems better overall than most CBM this year. Obviously it won’t save it but maybe it can avoid an absolute clusterfuck like The Marvels 

Let’s see, sales on US seems decent (compared to what was looking few days ago), the bad reviews are not doing any apparent effect. Let’s see the CS, a B+ in holidays could be enough for it to try 100M DOM if it opens with 26-27M

I'd say a B+ combined with a $26M opening takes this closer to $125M. In the unlikely case of an A-, we could see a range of $150-200M. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Super said:

I wouldn’t rule out an A- either. 

I’d see it more likely getting a B+ as many of the issues in Lost Kingdom are largely the same issues found in Black Adam. Forgettable villains, predictable, cliche, trope ridden with no stakes 

Edited by Megajohn01
Added info

2 minutes ago, dallas said:

I'd say a B+ combined with a $26M opening takes this closer to $125M. In the unlikely case of an A-, we could see a range of $150-200M. 

It can try 4.5M previews, with that even 30M 3-day is in the cards if audience reception is acceptable, than yeah 120M DOM would be feasible imo.

I think it all depends on reception now, overseas are looking stronger than expected, let’s wait from US, we should get some PostTrack data in 12 hours or so.

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

It can try 4.5M previews, with that even 30M 3-day is in the cards if audience reception is acceptable, than yeah 120M DOM would be feasible imo.

I think it all depends on reception now, overseas are looking stronger than expected, let’s wait from US, we should get some PostTrack data in 12 hours or so.

Yeah reception is looking decent in most places. Is $200M OS feasible? I'm not willing to bet on it yet, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dallas said:

Yeah reception is looking decent in most places. Is $200M OS feasible? I'm not willing to bet on it yet, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. 

At most I see OS +China around 150-160M. Not saying it’s not possible to crack $200M OS but given the recent run of CBMs, I’m not willing to put money of that