MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

16 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Yeah, B- is modal outcome but C+ really shouldn't be treated as of the table. Remember, the fact you don't have a "% positive" to cite here is also minor evidence that it's currently below the others. 

C+ is definitely not happening to Aquaman 2. Catwoman got a B and even Dark Phoenix got a B-

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

C+ is definitely not happening to Aquaman 2. Catwoman got a B and even Dark Phoenix got a B-

Probably not...but these posttrak scores are literally identical to those generated by Dark Phoenix (3 stars/69% positive/49% recommend). "Even Dark Phoenix" doesn't work with these numbers

https://deadline.com/2019/06/dark-phoenix-secret-life-of-pets-2-weekend-box-office-1202628724/

"4 stars" from kids can mean as low as 78% of them gave a good review. It's not as amazing as it sounds even if it's a good anecdote they wanted to throw up (while presumably ducking from posting a slightly sub 70% positive score). The only notably positive number cited was 5 stars from parents. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

3 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Fans rejecting the last movie in a dead franchise/universe??? You don't say!

Well…if people are showing up they’re not rejecting it for being in a dead franchise. They’re rejecting it because they saw it and didn’t like it. 3 stars and a 76% vRT is not because Superman: Legacy is coming in 2025.

4 hours ago, Super said:

Update, I think it maybe the Amber haters impacting the score. Saw some complaining on Twitter that she’s still in the movie… idk though just a theory. 

Why would Amber haters go see the movie in which she is in, that too on preview night/OD?

39 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Why would Amber haters go see the movie in which she is in, that too on preview night/OD?

They didn’t know she was in it hence they’re pissed lol. The movie did go out of its way not to show her in 99% of the marketing. 

Edited by Super
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dallas said:

I don't think it does Alita numbers, but above The Flash seems like a good chance

It’s easily going above The Flash unless it randomly falls off a cliff during the biggest box office period for some extreme reason. 

28 minutes ago, Super said:

They didn’t know she was in it hence they’re pissed lol. The movie did go out of its way not to show her in 99% of the marketing. 

She was in one of the trailers, although admittedly for a very short while. Regardless I doubt there were enough of such people to skew posttrack data in any significant way. We knew for a long time that the movie has not tested well with audiences and the reviews across the board from critics are terrible. That is enough to show that the preview/OD audiences found the movie bad enough without needing a very small subsection of the fans skewing it. 

17 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

She was in one of the trailers, although admittedly for a very short while. Regardless I doubt there were enough of such people to skew posttrack data in any significant way. We knew for a long time that the movie has not tested well with audiences and the reviews across the board from critics are terrible. That is enough to show that the preview/OD audiences found the movie bad enough without needing a very small subsection of the fans skewing it. 

If you blinked when she appeared in the trailer then you would miss her lol. Even her supporters thought she wasn’t going to be in the movie. Hence I said she was absent from 99% of the marketing, she’s only in that fraction of a second shot.

We’ll see if Friday’s audience skews the score more positive a bit but I was not accrediting Heard haters for the Cinemascore but more the RT score. But there’s many flaws with my theory,

I arrived from the cinema, what the hell was that? If it weren't for the beautiful under water scenes I would never say that this movie was directed by James Wan, It's one of the most heartless movies I've seen in a long time, I liked the energy of the first one so muchI and here she's gone, the jokes don't land at all, the dialogues are terrible, the VFX fails often but still has beautiful scenes at least, I really didn't expect that the character that piss me off the most in the movie would be Aquaman, but Momoa is terrible here, he chose to go down in a path that I didn't expected, I didn't think it would be a masterpiece from everything I saw out there and that some friends who watched it before me said, but this movie surprised me, it was much worse than I thought. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

TBH; I would say most ppl underestimated her screen time because she appear less than a second in 1 trailer, and then disappeared from all marketing materials and not found in any posters at all. So it is really very possible people rate the movie down because of her screen time