CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

21 minutes ago, TheBigYawn said:

I'm sure he has been offered a lot of projects in the past he has declined. All the studio executives would care about is his resume of highly profitable blockbusters. On the other hand he's not an unknown director anymore such as the directors Marvel often hire these days, so he would probably getting offers primarily from WB. 

WB are probably trying to get him on board for a DC project... 

As I said, he had a lot of projects lined up and they were quite diverse: a mental health drama with Emma Watson, a WWII film, a murder mystery set in the Old West, an Al Capone biopic. But they all seemed to go silent when studios got really big into franchises. His next film is with Sony, interestingly enough. I recall him saying in an interview around COG release that he had a lot of projects 'in development' that had nothing to do with wizards. Guess we'll see where he goes. 

17 minutes ago, Samwise the Brave said:

I never considered King, but it would be an awesome film. Could be a similar Potter compared to the Columbus ones with so much warmth and rewatchability

Paddington 2 is about as perfect a family film as anyone could ever ask for. Excited to see what he does with Wonka. And yes, he would be an inspired choice if the FB series continues after this one.

53 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

Paddington 2 is about as perfect a family film as anyone could ever ask for. Excited to see what he does with Wonka. And yes, he would be an inspired choice if the FB series continues after this one.

I can see another downgrade box office wise as King's footprint might not be everyone's cup of tea. So if he'd make a 4th one it might be great, the best even but perform the worst. Similar to Alfonso Cuaron with Azkaban

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I suspect Yates is a yes man for Heyman and Rowling which is why they've not had a new Wizarding World director since Order of the Phoenix. My preference for a new director would be JA Bayona. 

If that happens he might become one of my top 5 all time directors. As he also works on the prologue episodes of the lotr show and i liked fallen kingdom

3 hours ago, TheBigYawn said:

I always admired Heyman for his inspired choices for directors in the HP series, but he has became far too comfortable working with only people he's been working with for the last fifteen years. He could even give Paul King, who he has worked with on the Paddington series, a chance to direct Potter. 

That would be intresting

9 hours ago, Rogerio said:

Does somebody know what are their grades for FB1?

17 of them are available, though most were not on RT so it's just what they thought of the movie.

Rendy Jones - Fresh "blown away" 7/10 (lmao)
Rick Marshall - Fresh "lives up to the promise of its title."
Sean Chandler - Rotten "huge disappointment"
Douglas Laman - Rotten "lackluster return"
Grace Randolph - Fresh
David Gonzalez - Fresh 3/4
Rachel Wagner - Rotten 4/10
Tessa Smith - Fresh
Preston Barta - Fresh "bit of a mess but I liked it"
John Rocha - Fresh "I absolutely LOVED it!"
Carson Timar - Rotten
Eric Goldman - Fresh
Griffin Schiller - Fresh "This is how you do a prequel"
Perri Nemiroff - Fresh "LOVED everything with the 4 main characters & beasts. Some of the other characters/storylines not as much."
Ian Sandwell - Fresh "A magic amount of fun"
Dave Lee - Fresh "Great adventure. Don't understand the mixed reception upon release." 7th best of the series (CoG included)
Ben Rolph - Fresh

Rendy Jones and Preston Barta went from a fresh to a rotten, Rachel Wagner and Sean Chandler went from rotten to fresh. The rest are the same, equaling to 13 positives and 4 negatives for both films out of this batch of 17 critics. The individual reviews however leaned a lot more positive about the first.

Edited by Lucas

michaelwalsh.png

An RT critic we missed, but another very easy mark, and the odds that he will be reviewing the film are extremely low judging by his output. He also seems to approach his ratings in a rather top-heavy way because he lists 3.5/5 as the equivalent of a C+. I wouldn't consider this a win.

Edited by Lucas

37 minutes ago, Lucas said:

michaelwalsh.png

An RT critic we missed, but another very easy mark, and the odds that he will be reviewing the film are extremely low judging by his output. He also seems to approach his ratings in a rather top-heavy way because he lists 3.5/5 as the equivalent of a C+. I wouldn't consider this a win.

What site are you on that shows this?

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

17 of them are available, though most were not on RT so it's just what they thought of the movie.

Rendy Jones - Fresh "blown away" 7/10 (lmao)
Rick Marshall - Fresh "lives up to the promise of its title."
Sean Chandler - Rotten "huge disappointment"
Douglas Laman - Rotten "lackluster return"
Grace Randolph - Fresh
David Gonzalez - Fresh 3/4
Rachel Wagner - Rotten 4/10
Tessa Smith - Fresh
Preston Barta - Fresh "bit of a mess but I liked it"
John Rocha - Fresh "I absolutely LOVED it!"
Carson Timar - Rotten
Eric Goldman - Fresh
Griffin Schiller - Fresh "This is how you do a prequel"
Perri Nemiroff - Fresh "LOVED everything with the 4 main characters & beasts. Some of the other characters/storylines not as much."
Ian Sandwell - Fresh "A magic amount of fun"
Dave Lee - Fresh "Great adventure. Don't understand the mixed reception upon release." 7th best of the series (CoG included)
Ben Rolph - Fresh

Rendy Jones and Preston Barta went from a fresh to a rotten, Rachel Wagner went from rotten to fresh. The rest are the same, equaling to 13 positives and 4 negatives for both films out of this batch of 17 critics. The individual reviews however leaned a lot more positive about the first.

Well, not a very good sign, but definitely not bad

60% is not impossible 

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

How do you seperate the real critics from the normal people?

And also, MANY reviews there are fake. 

Hence why I don't just pick any random person lol. It's very easy to tell, and often it's names I already recognise. A lot of them now though are legit, you can tell if there's an influx of entries logged around the same point you already know a screening had just taken place.