CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

21 minutes ago, Noiret Jak said:

Tell us your opinion!!

Gives you to think why Yates was hired in the first place back in 2007. As Order of the Phoenix had to be a kind of political, handling the ministry plotline. This is the political film, not thriller, they promised Crimes of Grindelwald to be. Will be hard but not impossible to get back audiences or gain new ones. The crowd was also very active but most importantly supportive. That's to be expected from those early previews with so much fans in it, but it seemed to enjoy this one more than Crimes. I remember the crowd to be fairly neutral and the cinema kind of laughed when that Credence reveal came on in 2018. My theater also liked those sweet character moments and, guess what, the title given beasts

Edited by Samwise the Brave
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Samwise the Brave said:

Gives you to think why Yates was hired in the first place back in 2007. As Order of the Phoenix had to be a kind of political, handling the ministry plotline. This is the political film, not thriller, they promised Crimes of Grindelwald to be. Will be hard but not impossible to get back audiences or gain new ones. The crowd was also very active but most importantly supportive. That's to be expected from those early previews with so much fans in it, but it seemed to enjoy this one more than Crimes. I remember the crowd to be fairly neutral and the cinema kind of laughed when that Credence reveal came on in 2018. My theater also liked those sweet character moments and, guess what, the title given beasts

How were Dumbledore and Grindelwald? 

Spoiler

Where were the International Confederation of Wizards during the battle of Hogwarts? Why didn't they try to stop Voldemort as he took over the Ministry in Britain?

Upon reading a few "spoilers" for the movie I do question if JK's extension of the wizarding world brings some plot holes to the original series. On the other hand it's fun to see new places and experience different types of magic, but it also makes you feel like she makes up shit along the way. 

17 minutes ago, Noctis said:

How were Dumbledore and Grindelwald? 

I only say, that their first scene was great. Mikkelsen is a scene stealer but is not trying to be a stand out line Depp, what REALLY fits the story. Jude Law also got me. Also a nice little tease for their final duel in '45. I hope Warner makes it happen. At least wrap it up in one more movie

First movie really was a success. Good Cinema score, positive reviews from critics, great performance on box office.

It's unbelievable the level of damage The Crimes of Grindelwald made that we now aren't even sure if the conclusion of this story will even happen.

• Like 1

Oh it’s bad for them

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald in like-for-like markets and at today’s rates opened to $120M and $115M, respectively. 

Just now, kyrixos said:

Alors, est-ce que le chiffre de 115 millions sur 79 marchés ? Ils s'attendent à plus de 50 millions sur 22 marchés pour SoD.

FB2 had 115M in those same 22 markets in 2018. Here they estimate over $50M in the same 22 markets which is smaller but with China never opening to 37.5 CoG in its first weekend.

1 minute ago, Noiret Jak said:

FB2 had 115M in those same 22 markets in 2018. Here they estimate over $50M in the same 22 markets which is smaller but with China never opening to 37.5 CoG in its first weekend.

1 minute ago, Felipe said:

115M across the same 22 markets.

Thanks for the clarification.

Honestly, at this point, I'm just going to log out for a few days until the weekend is over. I'm not going to even want to witness the sheer negativity and haters revelling in its fall - which will undoubtedly happen. 

See you later, fuckwads.