Napoleon

Marry Me | February 11, 2022 in Theaters and on Peacock | Universal | Jennifer Lopez, Owen Wilson, Maluma

Jennifer Lopez is reteaming with STXfilms on the upcoming romantic-comedy “Marry Me.”

Kat Coiro is directing the film and Owen Wilson is in final negotiations to join the pic, which will likely shoot this fall. The script was written by John Rogers and Tami Sagher, with a rewrite by Harper Dill.

Lopez and Wilson both appeared in 1997’s actioner “Anaconda.”

The movie will mark the third collaboration between STX, Lopez and producers Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas and Benny Medina following 2018’s “Second Act” and the upcoming “Hustlers,” which is currently in production. The film was originally set up at Universal.

The movie is based on a graphic novel by Bobby Crosby and centers on a pop star (Lopez), who, moments before marrying her rockstar fiance at Madison Square Garden, finds out that he cheated on her with her assistant. She breaks down on stage and picks a random man (Wilson) out of the crowd to marry instead.

“We continue to have amazing experiences with Jennifer, Elaine and Benny with each film we collaborate on, and we’re thrilled that they wanted to work with STX again on this funny and endearing project,” said STXfilms chairman Adam Fogelson. “Owen Wilson is a hilarious and charismatic addition to the film, and the perfect person to play opposite Jen in a role that was quite literally made for her.”

Lopez, Goldsmith-Thomas and Medina will produce alongside Rogers. Willie Mercer, Alex Brown and J.B. Roberts will executive produce. STX’s Kate Vorhoff and Catherine Hagedorn will oversee production on behalf of the studio. STXinternational will handle international distribution and directly distribute in the U.K. and Ireland.

Lopez is represented by CAA, the Medina Co. and Hirsch Wallerstein. Wilson is represented by UTA and Hirsch Wallerstein.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/jennifer-lopez-owen-wilson-movie-marry-me-1203194395/

Edited by Napoleon
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, movies!movies! said:

Moves from STX to Universal; Filming Begins in October

https://deadline.com/2019/07/jennifer-lopez-maluma-marry-me-universal-stx-1202645820/

Between their recent reports of money problems, release date pushbacks, and developments like this, it's starting to feel like the beginning of the end for STX.

If you’re an independent mini-major in Hollywood, your inevitable fate is to either be absorbed into Lionsgate (e.g., Trimark, Artisan, Summit, and the distribution part of CBS Films sort of counts too), or collapse in an epic Hindenburg-style flame-out (e.g., Cannon, Orion, Carolco, Revolution, Relativity, and Weinstein). My money’s on the latter for STX...

Edited by TServo2049
  • Haha 1

Jennifer Lopez Talks ‘World of Dance’ and Shooting ‘Marry Me’ in Quarantine

(...)

Not only is she gearing up for the Season 4 premiere of NBC’s “World of Dance” on May 26, but she’s also finishing “Marry Me,” her upcoming romantic comedy in which she plays a pop star who is left at the alter by her famous rocker husband-to-be (Maluma) just before they’re about to get hitched at Madison Square Garden. Instead, she marries a stranger (Owen Wilson) who she plucks from the crowd.

Lopez and Maluma actually did pick-up shots in quarantine. “It was me at home and Maluma in Colombia. We weren’t sure how it was going to work out,” Lopez said. “Someone came in and set up a camera and lights, and then left because of social distancing. We had a Zoom call. I start doing the scene with Maluma and we’re hearing echoers and we’re all like, ‘Everyone has to mute.’ (Laughs) We were just figuring it out as we go. We got through the scene. It’s going to be in the movie. It’s not the ideal way of filmmaking, but we got it done.”

They’re currently in post-production. “We were supposed to come out in the fall, but we don’t know if that will happen,” Lopez said.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/jennifer-lopez-world-of-dance-marry-me-1234614235/

• Thanks 1

JLo reveals the movie will be released in February:

(...)

Jennifer continues, "I finished an album, we had a movie that we finished that's coming out in February called Marry Me. That has an album. New singles. I'm working on new music that'll be out in the next month or two. I have three or four movie projects over the next year. A tour, a world tour that we're gonna do." 

https://www.eonline.com/uk/news/1182982/jennifer-lopezs-twins-max-and-emme-steal-the-show-in-adorable-interview-for-coach

Before the trailer was revealed to the crowd at CinemaCon in Las Vegas on Wednesday, Lopez beamed in to address the audience. "You know how much I'd love to be there with all of you," she said. "I know all of us have been thinking a lot about what kinds of movies will get audiences off their couches and into theaters. Well, I've made one."

"It's called Marry Me," she continued of the rom-com also starring Owen Wilson and singer-heartthrob Maluma in his acting debut. "And it has a little bit of something for everyone, music, romance, and comedy, emotion. I love that I get to sing on screen for the first time since Selena. It's been a while. It's just one of those movies that makes you feel good, and who's not ready for that after the last year and a half?"