Oscar Y5 Poll Questions  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which film will win Best Picture?

• 24 Hours
    • Bambi: A Life in the Woods
    • The Rich and Famous
    • The Scavenger Wars: Part II
    • A Woman in the Crowd
  2. 2. How excited are you for the Oscar ceremony?

• "I'm So Excited" -- The Pointer Sisters
    • I am excited for the ceremony to a reasonable degree.
    • Eh; I'm excited to an extent...
    • No, Not Really, No
    • I don't even know why I'm here, because I'm the OPPOSITE of excited...

Enya performs "There is Another". It is a surreal experience--in a very good way.

Kate Winslet walks onstage with an envelope.

Kate Winslet: One cannot lead without the support of another. Here are the nominees for Best Supporting Actor.

Spoiler

As a man eerily familiar with the criminal underbelly of America,

IDRIS ELBA (24 HOURS)

Afterwards, he looks at James and says “Consider this the most important lesson you will ever learn. If it is between you and the other guy, always pick yourself, because the other guy will do the same. No matter who it is, how long you go back, how close you are, they will always do you in to save their own skin. So you don’t hesitate. Ever.” James, at a loss for words, nods silently. Whitaker nods, walks by James, patting on the shoulder, and keeps on walking.

Spoiler

As a postman repulsed by the notion of Christmas,

JAKE GYLLENHAAL (OLIVE THE OTHER REINDEER)

(1:10 - 1:28)

Spoiler

As a small-town young man enamored by someone he can't ever remember,

TREVOR JACKSON (A WOMAN IN THE CROWD)

Milo says he didn’t always enjoy this peacefulness. Curiously, Lyra asks if it was by choice. Milo says actually, no, he grew up in a military household, meaning they never stayed in the same place for long. Most kids could adapt to be on the move constantly, but with Milo’s narcoleptic condition, he didn’t really fare too well. Lyra says that it must’ve been unnerving to have grown up without a firm base and without an anchor when he was ill. Milo replies that his parents were his anchor, along with the other people they worked with. He says he has always had the deepest respect for the military, but he wishes he could contribute more than that. 

Spoiler

As a therapist granted the chance to serve a client he's obsessed with,

JUDE LAW (THE RICH AND FAMOUS)

Nick Findel is sitting at a table by himself while Janie soon comes up to him, sitting down. “I bet you got the sinking feeling that I wouldn’t come?” Findel admits that many celebrities he’s worked with have been unpredictable, but he’s glad that she’s better than most of them.

Spoiler

As an elf determined to be an aid to his party,

IWAN RHEON (PILLARS OF ETERNITY: NEVER FAR FROM THE QUEEN)

Some distance north of Dyrford, Sarana’s group camps. As they do, Aloth and Ydwin talk some more, Ydwin asking Aloth more questions about Iselmyr and writing observations down in a notebook. Aloth asks if she does anything other than research. Ydwin adjusts her glasses and replies “As you may have noticed, I don’t get out much.” Aloth deadpans “I’d never have guessed.” Iselmyr pops out to say “Aye, just like spellboy here. Thought we’d be stuck in a library forever.” Aloth exaggerates a sigh as he takes back control and Ydwin asks “have you ever considered maybe talking to her?” Aloth says she’s not an ideal conversation partner.

Kate Winslet: And the Oscar goes to...

Spoiler

JAKE GYLLENHAAL (OLIVE THE OTHER REINDEER)

Jake Gyllenhaal: If you had told me a couple of years ago I'd finally win of these guys for playing a singing postman, I would've gone postal on you. Even now, with so many great nominees, me winning feels unfathomable. Thank you to Taika for taking a chance on me compared to his first choice, who he told me repeatedly he would be much more comfortable working with. Related: Sorry to Jemaine Clement, who apparently really wanted my role? The Postman was a ridiculously fun role to sink my teeth into and being recognized by kids on the street is still a joy. Winning an Oscar for this feels like Christmas all over again. Thank you all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 2

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I think Pokémon 3 is doing $400M DOM this time.

Kind of worried about my top secret Lord/Miller comedy and while R rated, Pok3mon is looking more big than anticipated.

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Yes, that is who I had in mind for your thing.

Reveal hidden contents

That is doing $500M DOM

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reddroast said:

Considering that another beloved character from the animes prime is in this I'd wager 500M+ DOM

Let's not get carried away.

It has Spark 4 in its third weekend, and it is definitely dropping big in Weekend 2 from frontloading

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Yes, that is who I had in mind for your thing.

Reveal hidden contents

HOLY SH&+ REALLY?!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reddroast said:

Considering that another beloved character from the animes prime is in this I'd wager 500M+ DOM

I don’t think even with glowing reviews it would jump that high. Pokémon 1/2 have did in the $280M-$290M range and even with the spoiler, I don’t see it logically jumping that much even with out Xillix doing the year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

i feel honored that Jakey G finally won an Oscar in CAYOM for one of my movies, and it was another villain role too!

#JusticeForHomeward

Spoiler

I'm going to do a big announcement for the Spark collection DVD set after Y6 actuals.

One of the bonus features will by the Gyllenhaal cut of Homeward.

• Astonished 1

Just to be clear and not get you all too amped up

Spoiler

Ryan Potter's role in the film is not very large. He's in a few scenes in the first half of the film, and then comes back for the third act showdown and epilogue. I don't want him to take over the movie from the actual main characters lol

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Just to be clear and not get you all too amped up

Hide contents

Ryan Potter's role in the film is not very large. He's in a few scenes in the first half of the film, and then comes back for the third act showdown and epilogue. I don't want him to take over the movie from the actual main characters lol

Obviously. Wasn’t expecting large either. Though the GA won’t know that and the marketing will help.

• Like 2

Bradley Cooper walks onstage.

Bradley Cooper: Just as men provide support for leading roles, women also deftly support leading roles, too. Here are the nominees for Best Supporting Actress.

Spoiler

As a television star affected by events in her past,

CHRISTINA APPLEGATE (THE RICH AND FAMOUS)

After Molly becomes nervous, feeling persuaded and comforted by Janie, she begins to let loose a five minute monologue on the abuse that she had felt at Bill Jappers' hands, shocking the crowd.

Spoiler

As a spy who rises to the challenge of mentoring a new recruit,

EMILY BLUNT (THE EPSILON SYNDICATE: UNION OF THIEVES)

Madame Y: Nadine. I told you to stay with Antigone and Donatello.

Nadine: See…they’re our getaway ride.

Madame Y: Oh god, you convinced them to come here too? *Sigh* I knew they were pushovers. Okay fine. I’m furious with you but also impressed. I will send a text that says “uwu’ to you to let you know to get the *BLEEP* out. Otherwise, keep a low profile, don’t do anything stupid, do exactly as I say, deal?

Nadine: So, you’re not TOO mad?

Madame Y: I’m *BLEEP* fuming. But not enough so that I want you dead. Especially since I’m guilty enough…just, ugh. Just follow my lead.

Spoiler

As a family matriarch with a high level of awareness,

GLENN CLOSE (THE THREE MONTH FUNERAL)

Glenn Close (The Three Month Funeral) - Laura drives away from Alex’s house and begins talking to Robert. Laura says that she knows Robert hates gay people, but why. Robert says they aren’t natural, but Laura once again asks why. Robert doesn’t have an answer. Laura pulls over the car and begins speaking to Robert, and tells him not to interrupt: “Look, I know you don’t like gay people. It’s painfully obvious. I’m not asking you to love gay people; I am asking you to love our family. You loved Tyler his entire life, and now you’re going to stop just because he doesn’t agree with your viewpoint on the world"

Spoiler

As a young woman concerned by her lover's secret shenanigans,

DAISY RIDLEY (24 HOURS)

the conversation turns to James and Linda asks how the relationship is going. Marie, slowly, says that it’s been going great. She asks if it is possible that she can not report on what goes on with her and James. From the tone in her voice, Linda realizes it. “You’re in love” she says and Marie nods. “I can’t betray him” she says. “I can put the rest of them away….but not him.” Linda understands but says “Marie, he’s a criminal. He’s in this deep with Whitaker, so you know what he’s been doing. Whether you help us or not, if we find what we need to put Whitaker away James is likely going to go to jail.” Marie starts to tear up and says she’ll contact Linda another time and leaves.

Spoiler

As a young librarian unable to remember her former best friend,

JESSICA ROTHE (A WOMAN IN THE CROWD)

Victoria asks why she came, and Lyra stops, saying this could be awkward. Before when she’s visited, she came to ask for news of friends and happenings in Victoria’s life, but this time, it was because Lyra has been desperate. She sheepishly asks Victoria for a hug. Victoria looks at Lyra sadly and gives her a hug. Lyra smiles at this first affection towards her in two years. Victoria then ends the hug, and comes up with an idea: she’ll take a picture of Lyra with her, and then she’ll remember from the picture. 

Bradley Cooper: And the Oscar goes to...

Spoiler

CHRISTINA APPLEGATE (THE RICH AND FAMOUS)

Christina Applegate: This is a surprise! I never thought I'd get an Oscar after starring in films like Anchorman, so this is a blessing!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1