Oscar Y5 Poll Questions  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which film will win Best Picture?

• 24 Hours
    • Bambi: A Life in the Woods
    • The Rich and Famous
    • The Scavenger Wars: Part II
    • A Woman in the Crowd
  2. 2. How excited are you for the Oscar ceremony?

• "I'm So Excited" -- The Pointer Sisters
    • I am excited for the ceremony to a reasonable degree.
    • Eh; I'm excited to an extent...
    • No, Not Really, No
    • I don't even know why I'm here, because I'm the OPPOSITE of excited...

Chiwetel Ejiofor walks onstage.

Chiwetel Ejiofor: Here are the nominees for Best Picture.

Spoiler

24 HOURS

Spoiler

BAMBI: A LIFE IN THE WOODS

Spoiler

THE RICH AND FAMOUS

Spoiler

THE SCAVENGER WARS: PART II

Spoiler

A WOMAN IN THE CROWD

Chiwetel Ejiofor: And the Oscar goes to...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

A WOMAN IN THE CROWD

Edward Nadny, Jeff Nichols, Anya Taylor-Joy, Jessica Rothe, Trevor Jackson and any other cast member in attendance takes the stage.

Edward Nadny: Oh my god! Blankments Productions won Best Picture!!! Holy BLEEP! I shouldn't say that but I'm so hyped!! Anyways, I know I'm the boring studio exec so here's Jeff!

Jeff Nichols: I wasn't expecting this at all! Thank you everyone, both the Academy and audiences around the world, for letting this film resonate with you. Anya, thank you for being Lyra. This film works because of you. The rest of the cast and crew, I can't name names, but thank you so much for every one of your valuable contribution. The film would not be the same with even a slight difference of you two. Thank you to Blankments Productions for taking a chance on a film that came from the oddest source and one where we all attempted to tell a story about legacy, love and what it means to make an impact. I never imagined being up here tonight, and let me tell you, it feels great. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

• Like 5
  • Astonished 2

Just now, Slambros said:

Chiwetel Ejiofor walks onstage.

Chiwetel Ejiofor: Here are the nominees for Best Picture.

Hide contents

24 HOURS

Hide contents

BAMBI: A LIFE IN THE WOODS

Hide contents

THE RICH AND FAMOUS

Hide contents

THE SCAVENGER WARS: PART II

Hide contents

A WOMAN IN THE CROWD

Chiwetel Ejiofor: And the Oscar goes to...

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

HOLY S+&_

I might post something longer in the morning but jesus christ guys, thank you so much. this means more than you can imagine. ever since i started playing in 2.0 a little under seven years ago, i've always wanted and tried to win best picture, and it's something where like, even if it's just for fun, you can't feel like a winner if you keep losing Best Picture while everyone else wins. It's silly i know, but it's the way i've felt sometimes honestly since year 9 of 2.0. i'm glad awitc resonated more this go-around, and it really is one of my best achievements in writing anywhere imo. Thank you all so much, and I'm glad to be back in the game after the hiatus I took from end of 2.0 to last game year

(now i should probably start working on my year 6 films lol)

• Like 3

@Alpha @Blankments @4815162342 @cookie @ChD @Hiccup23 @Reddroast @Rorschach @Spaghetti @A Panda of Ice and Fire @Xillix @YourMother the Edgelord @vault2008 @Ethan Hunt @35MM-18 @lamamama 

Hopefully I didn't forget anyone in this tag binge, but I just wanted to thank all of you for your participation in Cayom 3.0 Y5! Anything ranging from plot summaries and thread hosting to posting a few comments here and there is really appreciated and makes this game what it is! Here's to an outstanding and plentiful Y6!

I've added the tally of the Oscar Winners balloting to my Google Doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Ihb9Bdq0RdZInENcqVtD4SxSYUM4b0L3OTgzcBNSdE/edit?usp=sharing

On a related note, how did I do as a host? I know I sometimes took too long to post results and stuff...

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

LMAO Gosling was super close behind after all.

Had I put Gosling second instead of Stan Lee there could’ve been a three-way tie 🤔

Edited by cookie