Oscar Y5 Poll Questions  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which film will win Best Picture?

• 24 Hours
    • Bambi: A Life in the Woods
    • The Rich and Famous
    • The Scavenger Wars: Part II
    • A Woman in the Crowd
  2. 2. How excited are you for the Oscar ceremony?

• "I'm So Excited" -- The Pointer Sisters
    • I am excited for the ceremony to a reasonable degree.
    • Eh; I'm excited to an extent...
    • No, Not Really, No
    • I don't even know why I'm here, because I'm the OPPOSITE of excited...

Just now, Slambros said:

One thing to know about me is that I am oftentimes plainer than a jar of mayonnaise.

I meant in terms of films splitting awards.

Don't be so hard on yourself bro. You're doing good! 

• Like 1

Alison Brie walks onstage.

Alison Brie: Animation is an art. Voices enhance that art. Here are the nominees for Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Leading Role.

Spoiler

As a young woman embroiled in a fight to save her world from the brink of war,

ASHLEY JOHNSON (SYLVARIUS)

Later she meets with Marcus, who invites Selena and her family stay in the capital, saying they can have a good life there and he and her could spend more time together. Selena, after thinking, says she cares for Marcus a lot, and while she thinks her family can use the opportunity, she herself cannot. She says she has dreamed of going to Danton University for so long and now that her parents are healed and can take care of themselves and Anna, she finally has the chance.

Spoiler

As a optimistic superhero dreaming for positive recognition,

ANNA KENDRICK (THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL)

We then see Doreen Green still on the train listening to her music.

“But that never gets me down, I became a hero because I love helping others but also want to be a part of a team like the New Warriors or The Protectors to help people to the fullest. Despite my shortcomings, I never surrender or give up because for every time I get knocked down, I jump right up. I’m Squirrel Girl and I’m unbeatable and nothing is changing that.”

Spoiler

As a teenager discovering how much of a balancing act life can seem to be,

SOPHIA LILLIS (TWO LONELY BOUNTY HUNTERS)

Sylphiana: I still can’t believe you turned down a spot to be on the Student Council.

Cassie: They’re kind of out of my league anyway. Making a mess, being goofy and awkward, still getting the job done? That’s what I like to do. They're also gonna cut the course-load back, so I have more time to save galaxies, and maybe even, well....

Sylphiana: *chuckles* So after everything that happened, I think they’re gonna try to redo the Carnival of Love. Would you want to attend it…maybe with me?

Cassie: What?! I mean…I was gonna ask. I had a plan for this. And uh, um. But I mean…

Sylphiana: Don’t overthink it. Just say what’s on your mind.

Cassie: *pause* Yes.

Both smile at each other.

Spoiler

As a princess doing her best to fill in the shoes of the deceased king,

LETITIA WRIGHT (THE SCAVENGER WARS: PART II)

The guard directs [Sal] to the throne room where she finds Tamara sitting on what used to be her father’s throne, staring up at the ceiling. 

Tamara, on the verge of tears, begins to monologue.

“Last time he spoke to me while sitting on this throne, he told me I had eroded all trust he had of me - that I got to speak no longer. Next time I saw him, he was on his deathbed. That was the one time I recall he ever said he loved me.”

“My point is… he didn’t think I’d be fit for a queen as long as he was still sitting here. And now I’m afraid to ask… what if he was right? If it only takes one man to make me look like a complete fool, what chance do I have?!”

Sal, seeing Tamara in distress, walks up to her and gives her a hug much to Tamara’s surprise, but she returns it.

Spoiler

As a dog on a mission to save Christmas,

ZENDAYA (OLIVE THE OTHER REINDEER)

Olive, not hearing him, stares at the fake watch she bought and just sets on the ground, sad but determined. If Tim doesn’t want her as a dog, perhaps she’ll want her as a reindeer. She tells Fido to hold down the fort so it’s a surprise for Tim on TV and then runs out the door, calling back at Fido to finish wrapping her presents!

Alison Brie: And the Oscar goes to...

Spoiler

ANNA KENDRICK (THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL)

Anna Kendrick: It was a dream come true to play this character, and I am blessed to represent Squirrel Girl on the Oscar stage!

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1