sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

The way I look at it: TDK has a definite claim of being the best comic book movie, while Infinity War, Endgame and Spider-Verse are in the running for best comic book movie.

Translation: TDK may well the best at being a film, but not the best at replicating the experience of superhero comic books on film. I consider them two different things, equally commendable.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My top 5 would probably go

The Dark Knight

Avengers Infinity War

Incredibles

Into the Spiderverse

Guardians of the Galaxy.

Least Favorite:

Batman Forever/Robin

Hulk

Thor The Dark World 

Fan4stic

Hellboy (2019)

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

Just now, stealthyfrog said:

It's too soon for me to say. I have to let Endgame sit for a while, though I expect it to be a contender at the very least

Endgame is top 4 for me, along with TDK/Spidey 2/Spider-Verse 

• Like 1

I remember @B J always calling Shrek Drek 🙂 I personally liked the 1st film. I saw the second film on the opening friday and felt it was just ok. I see early screening of Shrek 3 traveling 50miles to boston and it was meh except I enjoyed the cat. Shrek 4 was even worse. Though I liked the cat in all the movies, I did not care much for Puss in the boots.

If we’re counting CBMs only my top 10 would likely be in no particular order/

Batman 1989

Spider-Man 2

The Dark Knight

Spider-Man: Into The Spider Verse 

Black Panther

Logan

Wonder Woman

Avengers: Infinity War/Avengers: Endgame

Guardians of The Galaxy Volume 2

and hot take... 

Watchmen

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Astonished 1

I'm not seeing enough love for Spider-man 2. Almost every superhero movie these days wishes it could be Spider-man 2. The closest we have gotten to a modern day Spider-man 2 (and the first one in fact) is with Shazam.

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 minute ago, TMP said:

You read the book too? Or just the film?

I'm super excited for the HBO Watchmen show by Lindelof.

The movie only, though I’ve been wanting to read the book.

11 minutes ago, TMP said:

If it's ranking time....

Missing: Superman III, Supergirl, Superman IV, The Punisher ‘89, Captain America ‘90, Fantastic Four ‘94, Steel, Spawn, Catwoman, Elektra, The Punisher ‘04, Punisher War Zone, The Spirit, and Hellboy ‘19. Is it because you haven’t seen them, or because you did see them and consider them so bad they don’t even deserve to be on the list?

Edited by TServo2049

Just now, TServo2049 said:

Missing: Superman III, Superman IV, Supergirl, The Punisher ‘89, Captain America ‘90, Fantastic Four ‘94, Steel, Catwoman, Elektra, The Punisher ‘04, Punisher War Zone, The Spirit. Though I have a feeling you’d put most of those at the bottom.

Of those I've only seen The Spirit and Fantastic Four '94, but I remember so little from either of them. Also haven't seen any of the Blade films, so they're missing too.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The movie only, though I’ve been wanting to read the book.

I like the film but the graphic novel is a lot better. Doomsday Clock is a good read as well although the delays have hurts its momentum. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if the HBO series does very well, probably not GoT numbers but it’ll top what Westworld did in its first season 

Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Gojira (1954), Godzilla vs Mothra (1964), Godzilla vs Destoroyah (1995), Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters all out Attack (2001) and Godzilla (2014) are the best movies ever made.

Case closed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Gojira (1954), Godzilla vs Mothra (1964), Godzilla vs Destoroyah (1995), Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters all out Attack (2001) and Godzilla (2014) are the best movies ever made.

Case closed.

No Monsters Vs Aliens. Fake monster stan detected.