Eric Duncan

The Forever Purge l Universal/Blumhouse l July 2, 2021

Never saw the 4th (I want to) but I enjoyed the previous 3 all to some degree so I'm interested in this.

Funny how this series seems to be 2010's IP that has become most engrained in popular culture without a single movie breaking 100M domestic. Seriously, I don't know a single person under the age of 40 who doesn't know what "The Purge" means if you bring it up. 

Sooo, is this still a go for July 10?

Also, could we get this thread moved to the main board and the thread title updated with the film title?

Edited by JB33

https://deadline.com/2020/05/universal-blumhouses-the-forever-purge-steps-off-summer-calendar-1202935821/

Universal-Blumhouse’s The Forever Purgewhich was dated for July 10 prior to Warner Bros.’ The Tenet, is now unset. Solstice Studios’ Russell Crowe road rage movie Unhinged on July 1 remains the first wide release back for those cinemas reopening.

We hear there is no determination yet as to whether Forever Purge goes to PVOD, which is where Universal released Trolls World Tour to a near $100M revenue and has the Judd Apatow movie The King of Staten Island scheduled to go on June 12. Given the uncertainty of the theatrical business right, another date on the release calendar is being assessed for Forever Purge.