Wormow

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes | November 17, 2023 | Prequel about President Snow | Francis Lawrence to direct | Given a SAG interim agreement

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Man I am not looking forward to certain YouTubers if a Brie Larson and Rachel Zegler movie both underperform back to back.

That and I hate when movies I enjoy get trashed all the time. Now I expect Hunger Games to be well received since the books is great, but still.

But I am still holding out hope both movies have at least decent Boxoffice and reception. (I know, but I am an optimist)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Youngstar said:

That and I hate when movies I enjoy get trashed all the time. Now I expect Hunger Games to be well received since the books is great, but still.

But I am still holding out hope both movies have at least decent Boxoffice and reception. (I know, but I am an optimist)

I am with you. Can we at least wait until the reviews come out before we doom these two movies. Yeah those Marvel ticket sales are looking not great and this movie is not popping it seems. But being good has to help right? Right?

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

I am with you. Can we at least wait until the reviews come out before we doom these two movies. Yeah those Marvel ticket sales are looking not great and this movie is not popping it seems. But being good has to help right? Right?

Yeah it would be sad to see the creepy incels “win” especially after Barbie ruffled their feathers, but I don’t expect either one of them to be bad at the moment.

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah, we know they probably won’t do great at the BO, but we can at least hope they’ll be good, so far nothing indicates they won’t be good!

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Critical reception hasn't been the problem with the last Hunger Games movies, doing 2 parts... literally only because Harry Potter did was.

I'm very curious how hunger games does here in Germany. Every movie increased from the last admissions wise(my cinema announced presales for October 23, which they only do so far in advance if they think the movie might be huge):

Hunger Games -> 2.1M

Hunger Games: Catching Fire -> 3.8M

Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 -> 4.0M

Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 -> 4.1M

captain Marvel also did -> 2.1M

So you can see how not big Marvel is over here ^^

Marvel movies in germany by admissions(right side): http://insidekino.com/SP/SPOTH/SPMarvel.htm

Edited by Youngstar
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Literally no one I know is even aware this is coming out, let alone interested. No one. I think sub 25 OW is a possibility if reviews are poor. 

Apparently, the movie is really good.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 12:20 AM, SpiderByte said:

Man I am not looking forward to certain YouTubers if a Brie Larson and Rachel Zegler movie both underperform back to back.

Why are incels mad at Zegler anyway? is it just because she's a latina? It's probably some nonsense considering that people still hate Brie because she suggested that the field of movie criticism could be more diverse.

Edited by DInky

2 hours ago, DInky said:

Why are incels mad at Zegler anyway? is it just because she's a latina? It's probably some nonsense considering that people still hate Brie because she suggested that the field of movie criticism could be more diverse.

Yup. They started from this point and then simply tried to find stuff that could “justify” their hatred in their minds so they don’t sound too bigoted.

But their whole thing 100% started with “Snow White should be white, why is Hollywood so woke?!”

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2