Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Puss In Boots: The Last Wish

10:50 AM -- I showed up like 10 minutes late and they still hadn't started the trailers of...

• Super Mario Bros
  • Spider-Verse 2
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Avatar (Hello????? I can go next door and see it!)
  • Elemental
  • Quantumania

There were like 8 people, 4 kids, 3 adults, and me, a lone adult just sitting in the back bc she grew up with Shrek movies. Everyone laughed a ton, even the adults seemed to enjoy it.

2 hours ago, Morieris said:
  • Avatar (Hello????? I can go next door and see it!)
  •  

This reminds me of when the first Harry Potter movie came out, they had a trailer for Monsters Inc. playing, even though Monsters Inc. came out two weeks earlier. I don't know why Disney did this, but it led to a funny trailer

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Eric in Boots said:

This reminds me of when the first Harry Potter movie came out, they had a trailer for Monsters Inc. playing, even though Monsters Inc. came out two weeks earlier. I don't know why Disney did this, but it led to a funny trailer

It's because the buzz surrounding the release of Sorcerer's Stone was deafening at the time (no different than the release of any Avengers movie in the 2010s) to the point where all other movies were lucky to exist in its orbit. Monsters Inc opening well past expectations (Box Office Guru predicted $45M at the time) was the true testament to Pixar's power.

• Like 2

Babylon 

12/23 2:00 PM. 13 people.

Trailers:

Indiana Jones

Book Club 2

Plane

Magic Mike's Last Dance 

Cocaine Bear (Red Band Trailer)   

Scream VI

80 For Brady

Applause at one moment in the opening scene. 2 people walked out twenty minutes in. Laughs at the funny and cruder moments. Some woman walked in during the middle of the movie and then left after a scene involing vomit. 3 people left during the final montage before the credits. Movie was...interesting to say the least.

• Like 1

I Wanna Dance With Somebody -

7:10 pm showing - 15 people

Montreal (region) Canada

Trailers shown:

- Magic Mike's last dance

- 80 for Brady

- A Man Called Otto

- Missing

A few laughs at some funny moments.  A few times I heard some whispers after certain scenes like "oh god did he really say that!?".  Overall cute little movie that is a good balance between the good and the bad, and Whitney's singing sounded amazing in theaters!

Edited by wboxoffice

Babylon

December 23

Amc about 70% full

Trailers:

Cocaine Bear

Book Club 2

80 for Brady

Magic Mike's Last Dance 

Indiana Jones

Dungeons and Dragons (shortened version)

Scream VI

Some laughs here and there, mostly from my group. Almost everyone was an older person and I just knew they were gonna not like the movie. Not sure of the actual consensus but there were no less than 3 walkouts that never came back.

The group of 4 I was with was mixed positive on it. I like it, but it was frustrating. Could've been GREAT

10:30 AM

Still fairly full - There were certainly a lot of families.

So I decided to show up late because this was already 3+ hours long. Little did I know I'd end up missing seeing The Mario Movie trailer in 3D :( Among others but most importantly I missed Mario.

Other than that

• Quantumania
  • Guardians 3

I haven't seen a 3D movie since 2016 and thought my older eyes would really be weary after so long, but no, it has improved a lot since then. It's still a little dark, but I wasn't squinting or straining, everything looked mostly clear, it's such a pleasure to watch, I only wish I had chanced IMAX.

A few bits of appropriate laughter.

Just now, Morieris said:

10:30 AM

Still fairly full - There were certainly a lot of families.

So I decided to show up late because this was already 3+ hours long. Little did I know I'd end up missing seeing The Mario Movie trailer in 3D :( Among others but most importantly I missed Mario.

Other than that

• Quantumania
  • Guardians 3

I haven't seen a 3D movie since 2016 and thought my older eyes would really be weary after so long, but no, it has improved a lot since then. It's still a little dark, but I wasn't squinting or straining, everything looked mostly clear, it's such a pleasure to watch, I only wish I had chanced IMAX.

A few bits of appropriate laughter.

The Mario trailers 3D is technically really good! I was impressed.

Yeah if it's too dark thats just a sad reality of Real3D sometimes, the projecters just aren't bright enough. I've only seen it in Dolby and IMAX laser so it's only ever been bright for me.

5 minutes ago, Eric in Boots said:

LMAO I can only imagine how confused the kids were at seeing these random old people on the screen.

I got both those trailers before my showing on Christmas Day. The best part was that they were edited down trailers without the sex jokes (ie Fonda feeling up the hunky cop) found in the regular trailers.

M3GAN

12:40 PM

Well, let's start with this: I go to Target beforehand to get snacks, and there's a line. Then the one self-checkout I used wasn't giving change. Then I go to the theater and there's one guy and 3 people ahead of me. Then the icee machine had broken cherry. Eventually, I do get into the theater, but I don't see any trailers, which I'm okay with. I got there before the title card, at least.

I couldn't guess as to the amt of people.

There was a family with like a 10 year old kid who would talk occasionally; Guess they felt safe bc of the PG-13 rating.

Spoiler

One man went "He dead." when Brandon died, and did that Black Folk disapproving "mmm, mmm, mmm 😒" when Cady was attacked by the dog an Gemma was distracted.

On 12/22/2022 at 10:04 AM, filmlover said:

It's because the buzz surrounding the release of Sorcerer's Stone was deafening at the time (no different than the release of any Avengers movie in the 2010s) to the point where all other movies were lucky to exist in its orbit. Monsters Inc opening well past expectations (Box Office Guru predicted $45M at the time) was the true testament to Pixar's power.

It also got Disney’s OW and animation record, even out opening Toy Story 2.

Skinamarink

1/12, 7:00 PM, like 15 people or something

Trailers:

Enys Man

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Bunker

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantamania

Alice, Darling

Knock at the Cabin

The Tunnel to Summer, The Exit of Goodbyes

RMN

very odd trailer selection

Other than the response to the jumpscares, no audible reactions . I expected walkouts but everyone stayed the whole way through. Very respectable audience which shocked me. At the end people were throwing around words like "ambiguous". Maybe it can pull a mini Terrifier 2 which would be a win for independent small budget movies because its probably already profitable with a $15,000 budget.

Edited by Skim Beeble