Alli

Babylon - Damien Chazelle; Margot Robbie; Brad Pitt | Paramount | December 23, 2022 nationwide

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'm talking about the ones that are in the YT video on the top of the page. looks like they are from the paramount tiktok account. stuff like this

thanks

but why are they marketing a movie that could have been nc-17 as if it were one for 8 year olds?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

On 2/2/2023 at 9:18 AM, filmlover said:

How is it even a debate as to why this bombed lmao. A 3+ hour period drama sitting on the Rotten side of RT seemed doomed from that moment on, poor marketing was just the cherry on top. I probably liked this movie more than most did but it's not difficult to see why people avoided it in theaters like the plague.

A movie like Babylon needs really good reviews to have a chance. It did not get them.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 6:38 PM, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

....by good marketing...? 

Good marketing can only do so much. Even with good marketing a film can still look like a turkey. With Babylon, you could smell thankgivng dinner a mile off.

I gave this another chance, even though it feels like a diet Baz Luhrmann film at times, it had a pretty good first and third act. Maybe they could have trimmed a good 15-20 minutes. It does feel like a movie you have watched before and done better. I liked Margot and Pitt in their roles, they are playing a variation of characters they have played earlier. But Diego Calva was the real standout especially towards the end of the movie.

Edited by Saul Goodman