Alli

Babylon - Damien Chazelle; Margot Robbie; Brad Pitt | Paramount | December 23, 2022 nationwide

Movie is great, really don't know why it generate such a divisive reception 

Watched 10 days ago in a theaters and it's one of the best experiences i had recently in a theater 

At least the critical reception in Europe is great, i bet it will appear in Cahiers top 10 this year

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Watched 10 days ago in a theaters and it's one of the best experiences i had recently in a theater 

At least the critical reception in Europe is great, i bet it will appear in Cahiers top 10 this year

its pretty good, some scenes are a bit too much, it shouldn't have a bad reputation , i thought the 3 hours flew by 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

think cahiers review gave it a 1/5

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

It’s well made in terms camera work, but no in terms of editing, restraint, coherency etc. 

The first hour or so was great. The last third was a chore to sit through. 

It never had any coherency at any point, editing wouldn't turn it into something cohesive most likely because there's no real narrative/plot or substance, just cool individual scenes taken from different films, it could be split into 2 different movies that take place in the same era with some heavy rewrites (Brad Pitt's character fall from the grace and mexican dude/Robbie romance), but as it is, it just doesn't come together into something meaningful.

yeah, this movie is very clearly made by the la la land guy, and he's too competent to not end up delivering a good movie, sure it had some pretty serious flaws through, especially during its awkward first 30-45 minutes, but after that its pretty entertaining; wouldnt have felt out of place among the 10 other best picture nominees, and its better at eliciting emotion than half of them

gotta say I was pleasantly surprised by how not #wild the movie is, outside of the annoying party scene at the start; same with the "degeneracy", its not present during most of the movie, and when its there, Chazelle treats it like a schoolboy would, nothing more than a quick glance

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

17 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

yeah, this movie movie is made by the la la land guy, and he's too competent to not end up delivering a good movie, sure it had some pretty serious flaws through, especially during its awkward first 30-45 minutes, but after that its pretty entertaining; wouldnt have felt out of place among the 10 other best picture nominees, and its better at eliciting emotion than almost half of them

gotta say I was pleasantly surprised by how not #wild the movie is, outside of the annoying party scene at the start; same with the "degeneracy", its not present during most of the movie, and when its there, Chazelle treats it like a schoolboy would, nothing more than a quick glance

marketing was obnoxious though, so not surprised it flopped