eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

27 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Everything. Every rumor surrounding this project has been crap especially the casting.

How is the rumors and fancasts a flaw of the movie? People making up fancasts does not actually impact the film. Most of these rumors probably aren't even true. The Jack Quaid one was debunked within like ten minutes.

Jeez and I thought declaring Marvels a failure before the poster came out was ridiculous, we have people claiming this is a bomb before a single actor has been cast.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

How is the rumors and fancasts a flaw of the movie? People making up fancasts does not actually impact the film. Most of these rumors probably aren't even true. The Jack Quaid one was debunked within like ten minutes.

Jeez and I thought declaring Marvels a failure before the poster came out was ridiculous, we have people claiming this is a bomb before a single actor has been cast.

That's what they said before the cast of the 2015 version was announced. First of all this thing ain't hitting on may 2 2025. Secondly, if the names I am hearing is true this is doomed. Marvel may have been aspiring A list director and actors, but they won't dare to step here considering the baggage this franchise has unless they get a massive pay day. Doomed.

13 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

That's what they said before the cast of the 2015 version was announced.

Definitely not!

13 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

First of all this thing ain't hitting on may 2 2025.

...why? Two years out is more than plenty of time.

14 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Secondly, if the names I am hearing is true this is doomed. Marvel may have been aspiring A list director and actors, but they won't dare to step here considering the baggage this franchise has unless they get a massive pay day. Doomed.

Which names, because there's "rumors" and fancasts for like fifty actors for each character. If you're arguing that the movie is doomed to fail without an all-A list cast then you don't remember the Spider-Man cast, which was almost all newcomers or people who definitely were not stars.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Definitely not!

...why? Two years out is more than plenty of time.

Which names, because there's "rumors" and fancasts for like fifty actors for each character. If you're arguing that the movie is doomed to fail without an all-A list cast then you don't remember the Spider-Man cast, which was almost all newcomers or people who definitely were not stars.

1) Spiderman is infinitely more popular than fan4 worldwide

2) They introduced Tom holland's Spiderman in civil war, which increased the hype for a new Spiderman film

3) Previous iterations of Spiderman films ranged from mediocre to excellent unlike fan4 

47 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I really don't think people will be that upset about Fant4stic ten years after it's release when this comes out.

Most people don't even remember that was a movie that actually came out, do they?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

I’m gonna go with kill Adam, sex with Matt (but he’s gotta wear the fez), and marry Dev I guess. 

That’s close enough, but I will never say 😘

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Either way rumors at this point means almost nothing since, well, it's not legally possible for anyone to be cast in any movie at all till probably...October?

It's ok, the latest rumor is that they're casting me as all 4 and I'm not part of SAG so it's all good

I promise I'm going to look very hot with my Sue wig

• Haha 2

Matt Smith is a boring choice and Joseph Quinn doesn't seem right for Johnny Storm but everyone else rumored to be in the mix I can get with.

Kirby, Quaid, Patel (or Driver) and Diggs (or Moss-Bachrach) would make a great set (names in parenthesis being my second picks if they don't get the names preceding them).

• Like 1

I like Matt Smith and I think he is a great actor but let’s be honest here…you need a more likeable face to lead such a franchise. Like Driver is not your typically handsome HW actor either but he has a likeable face. My English are not the best to express what I am trying to say here so I hope I won’t be misunderstood. I am not calling Smith ugly or dislike in any case. Kirby is a fantastic choice. We will see about the others.

28 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The lead of the movie is Sue, not Reed.

The question is, does Marvel Studios have the guts to tell the audience this officially, or will they market the movie by giving the public the impression that Reed is the lead? The way they marketed Eternals and then MoM, I really doubt they would tell the audience that Sue Storm is the lead, not Reed.