eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

11 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

It’s not uncommon for blockbusters to have short production starts vs to their release dates. I think this’ll make its current date.

Will be funny if Superman is pushed back and this remains in July 2025. Jurassic World 4 will clean up though. 

52 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

IIRC Marvel is operating under the new mandate from Iger that they everythig needs to be ready and planned, sequences locked before shooting and having to change minimal after shooting so they should be able to reach a July date but why not just take November. Unless it’s a spider movie taking blade’s place ofc

I think what happened with Marvels has made Marvel sort of leety of November releases. And they want some of that big summer money.

Anyway,I think there is enough of a space betweenthis and Supes so that they will not impact each other.

And, yes, Iger is trying to make  the shooting of films more effiicent to try to cut costs. I bet he had had some talks withe Speilber on how Spielbert is able to make a 75 Million dollar movie that looks like it costs 150 Million.

For a long time many in the inudstry have said the way of making movies that has become common  is wasteful and is a major reason why films cost so much. Now studios have to crack down on waste. Yes, sticking to a plan and schedule does involve alot of work, but IMHO that is part of the job.

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think what happened with Marvels has made Marvel sort of leety of November releases. And they want some of that big summer money.

Anyway,I think there is enough of a space betweenthis and Supes so that they will not impact each other.

And, yes, Iger is trying to make  the shooting of films more effiicent to try to cut costs. I bet he had had some talks withe Speilber on how Spielbert is able to make a 75 Million dollar movie that looks like it costs 150 Million.

For a long time many in the inudstry have said the way of making movies that has become common  is wasteful and is a major reason why films cost so much. Now studios have to crack down on waste. Yes, sticking to a plan and schedule does involve alot of work, but IMHO that is part of the job.

Spielbert?

He can talk to Adam Wingard on how GxK was made on just 135M. Same movie at Disney/Marvel would have coated 250M. 

15 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think what happened with Marvels has made Marvel sort of leety of November releases.

This makes absolutely no sense, especially since they currently have a November release scheduled.

9 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

He can talk to Adam Wingard on how GxK was made on just 135M. Same movie at Disney/Marvel would have coated 250M. 

One big difference is that there’s no stars in GxK as the biggest people of note where BTH and Dan Stevens as the biggest people on that list whereas for example even in a case like The Marvels, Brie Larson and Samuel L Jackson especially as returning main characters are probably going to drive things a pretty penny. I do definitely think Feige gets a hefty fee for producing as well.

1 hour ago, justnumbers said:

I think this is going to November 2025.

Blade will move to 2026.

This is why my eyes glaze over when people talk about Superman and this bumping in to each other. F4 is moving to November. Take that to the bank. 

On 5/22/2024 at 8:43 PM, marveldcfox said:

Spielbert?

My bad in the Spelling of Spielberg's name.

But for years people in the industry have been saying studios have gotten incredibly wasteful and inefficent  when \itcomes of actual filming,  and alot of money is spend whihc has no impact on what you see on the screen..which is pure waste. Looks as though the studios cannot get away with this any longer.

19 hours ago, SaltyPistola said:

Especially if they're following Iger's new mandate, I imagine they're well into effects pre-production as well. It's not like they're starting all the cg after they finish filming. 

Spielberg has said one of the big secrets as to how he can make movie  for 100 Million that looks like it cost 200 Million is he does as much in pre production as is humanly possible.more then most directors.. Once you start actual filming the cost of everything goes drastically up. Improvising and lack of planning cause a movie costs to skyrockert. I think Iger probably had a few chats with Speilberg on how to lower production costs but keep quality. 

On 5/23/2024 at 10:43 PM, SaltyPistola said:

Especially if they're following Iger's new mandate, I imagine they're well into effects pre-production as well. It's not like they're starting all the cg after they finish filming. 

What new mandate?