eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

went to the cinema yesterday and saw him in multiple adverts before the trailers. and he's cast in everything. securing the bag like nobody else.

During Hispanic Heritage Month, some influencer was talking about Pedro Pascal and unironically called him "daddy". I cringed in my seat right there. Don't bring Internet speak out there in the real world.

11 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Dude ....deadline is confirming Pedro. 

This Twitter handle has gotten many things wrong before and is not the trades.

A deal is not done yet. Maybe they sent out this press release to test the waters

Edited by Maggie

Just now, DInky said:

If Reed and Sue already have kids in this then the age makes sense.

Just now, marveldcfox said:

Looks like they will skip a lot and might get straight into the older years of fan4. Won't be shocked if we get casting of kids of Reed and Sue.

I guess I just wasn’t expecting there to be that much of an age discrepancy between him and Sue, assuming Vanessa Kirby is playing the character. 

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Pedro Pascal seems a little old for the role. 

It'll be fine, it's not like he will be flipping around like Spidey. His main power along with his intelligence is stretching his body and punching people with giant hammer fists which CGI can take care of. Also Reed always had some grey in his hair.

I just hope if they cast Pascal as Reed, they get a Sue around his age instead of some barely 20 year old teeny booper.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I guess I just wasn’t expecting there to be that much of an age discrepancy between him and Sue, assuming Vanessa Kirby is playing the character. 

That's just your regular Hollywood ageism when it comes to female actors.

6 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Looks like they will skip a lot and might get straight into the older years of fan4. Won't be shocked if we get casting of kids of Reed and Sue.

That’s what I’m thinking as well. I am okay with Pascal Reed not to torn up but not creaming. Pascal probably could do both “real” acting and Marvel stuff the most out of their recent gets.

Wanted Driver because both CBM Twitter and Film Twitter having tantrums is hilarious to me.

5 minutes ago, YM! said:

That’s what I’m thinking as well. I am okay with Pascal Reed not to torn up but not creaming. Pascal probably could do both “real” acting and Marvel stuff the most out of their recent gets.

Wanted Driver because both CBM Twitter and Film Twitter having tantrums is hilarious to me.

Didn't want Driver because he gives off creepy school shooter vibes which is fine for Kylo Ren and that creep in The Last Duel, but not fatherly genius inventor like Reed.

Also Kylo Ren fangirls are insufferable and don't want them anywhere near the MCU.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Yeah I believe they (very rightfully) retconned that ages ago

They certainly retconned Reed being a World War 2 veteren..he made a guest appreance as the commander of  an OSS unit in France way back in 1963 in issue 3 of "Sgt.Fury and the Howling Commandos".

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

They certainly retconned Reed being a World War 2 veteren..he made a guest appreance as the commander of  an OSS unit in France way back in 1963 in issue 3 of "Sgt.Fury and the Howling Commandos".

Oh yeah every year anyone who was involved in a war gets moved up. Unless they got suspended in time or are immortal in some way.