Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Lucy, What If, Into the Storm and Deliver Us From Evil all want a piece of that Summer box office. Lucy will be number 1.

The Giver has been placed on the schedule for 19 September. I am sure this will get pushed back

St Vincent starring Bill Murray, Melissa McCarthy and Naomi Watts has been put on the schedule for 31 October

Also on 31 October will be horror film Ouija. So that's now only probably 28 films scheduled for wide release in October. That's nearly 6 per week

Get On Up has  been pushed back two months to 21 November

According to launching films, No Good Deed starring Idris Elba will only be released in key cities and what we do in the shadows has been scheduled for a wide release also on 21 November

Thanks for these updates Films :)

• Like 1

Retweeted by Ian Sandwell

Tom B @motcj 1 hr

Guardians Of The Galaxy has now taken over 20 million pounds at the UK Box Office. Beating both Thor 2 and Cap America 2 - INCREDIBLE!

11:13 am - 21 Aug 2014 · Details

Todays exchange course according to google
1 British pound = 1.65835 U.S. dollars

=> US $33.167m
Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

Dragon's sold out pretty much earlier when I went to see Lucy. Only single seats left and many pissed off parents.

You would think considering that it's a Bank Holiday, parents would have booked online or gone in the last two days. Plus it's been out for a while

Sellouts for HTTYD2, I'm so jealous of you guys across the pond. My OPENING NIGHT screening was only about half full.The only walkup sellout experience I've had recently was a Memorial Day weekend showing of Iron Man 3.(Actually, the one time I do remember not getting to see a movie because it was sold out was the Nutcracker movie with Macaulay Culkin. I was in tears for some reason (I was 5, gimme a break). But that event boggles my mind today, knowing that the movie was a FLOP. Must have been in the smallest auditorium...)

Edited by TServo2049

Sellouts for HTTYD2, I'm so jealous of you guys across the pond. My OPENING NIGHT screening was only about half full.The only walkup sellout experience I've had recently was a Memorial Day weekend showing of Iron Man 3.(Actually, the one time I do remember not getting to see a movie because it was sold out was the Nutcracker movie with Macaulay Culkin. I was in tears for some reason (I was 5, gimme a break). But that event boggles my mind today, knowing that the movie was a FLOP. Must have been in the smallest auditorium...)

That's pretty much it. It's a bank holiday during the school holidays and the weather has been atrocious, it hasn't stopped raining since 4am.

Dragon 2 is pretty much the only family friendly film aside from Planes 2. I wonder how TMNT will do in October, given the success it's had elsewhere , I think it'll do pretty well plus aside from Book of Life, there's not much competition