Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Is the UK the only market that adds previews to the opening weekend?

One of only very very few that do, Weekend International reports always include previews/early openings as part of OWe, even if the local territory itself doesn't(UK one that does) and doesn't for records list.The UK will do something like X was the biggest Opening ever ,but it wouldnt have been without previews it would have been film Z(which may/may not have had previews) in recent years there seems to be more push for being about to see a seperation between the figure with/with out previews/early opening included.

One of only very very few that do, Weekend International reports always include previews/early openings as part of OWe, even if the local territory itself doesn't(UK one that does) and doesn't for records list.The UK will do something like X was the biggest Opening ever ,but it wouldnt have been without previews it would have been film Z(which may/may not have had previews) in recent years there seems to be more push for being about to see a seperation between the figure with/with out previews/early opening included.

Dreamworks Animation have done that with weekend previews, I remember last year they released KFP2 during half term week with five days of previews but didn't include it until it was officially released a week later which totally changed the figures to something higher than it actually was, same for films that open on a Monday which then have 4 days of takings. Luckily some reporters like Charles Gant strip out the previews to reveal the OW figures.

Interesting. The Avengers is looking busier tonight than yesterday night. Shows are full up around my area. Even the 23:10 IMAX show is 25% full already and the 8pm is sold out. Tomorrow's pre-sales are looking really strong too.

Avengers $12.9m! Absolutely fantastic. Only around a 40% drop from the 3 day, and a 50% drop from the 4 day! That's impressive. :DTomorrow's going to be a big day...will likely be at $51-52m. $80m could happen.

£6m five days is very good, I bet Universal weren't expecting that, It'll probably drop a bit next week but it should do £15m total.£7.9m for The Avengers is brilliant for three days, it's around 50% of the four day opening which for a big release is very good. I expect it'll have another soft drop against Dark Shadows but I think either The Dictator or Men in Black 3 will knock it off the top spot.

I saw American Pie when I was in the States and it's pretty decent although I think The Dictator will hurt its legs a little. I wonder why it has done so better here, has The Avengers cause a positive bounce to other releases?

I know the Euros are up for a month in June but our schedule looks woeful.1-Jun-Prometheus6-Jun-Red Tails8-Jun-Casa de mi Padre15-Jun-Rock of Ages22-Jun-Five Year Engagement/Think Like A Man29-Jun-Joyful Noise3-Jul-The Amazing Spider Man13-Jul-Ice Age 4/Magic Mike20-Jul-The Dark Knight Rises27-Jul-The Lorax1-Aug-Ted2-Aug-Abe Lincoln3-Aug-Diary of the Wimpy Kid 2/GI Joe10-Aug-Step Up 413-Aug-Brave/The Bourne Legacy17-Aug-The Expendables 222-Aug-Total Recall29-Aug-Neighbourhood Watch

I know the Euros are up for a month in June but our schedule looks woeful.1-Jun-Prometheus6-Jun-Red Tails8-Jun-Casa de mi Padre15-Jun-Rock of Ages22-Jun-Five Year Engagement/Think Like A Man29-Jun-Joyful Noise3-Jul-The Amazing Spider Man13-Jul-Ice Age 4/Magic Mike20-Jul-The Dark Knight Rises27-Jul-The Lorax1-Aug-Ted2-Aug-Abe Lincoln3-Aug-Diary of the Wimpy Kid 2/GI Joe10-Aug-Step Up 413-Aug-Brave/The Bourne Legacy17-Aug-The Expendables 222-Aug-Total Recall29-Aug-Neighbourhood Watch

That looks like I may actually get a chance to see Casa de mi Padre. Not a bad schedule at all.

I'm really interested to see how TASM does.... Spider-man has always been very popular here...Its 4 day opening is bound to be pretty big.Some extrapolation for The Avengers... I'll say it'll be at $51m after today. Then maybe $5m-ish for the rest of the weekdays putting it at $56m by Thursday. A 7m-ish weekend could happen, which would put it around $63m. Either way, it'll should definitely be over $60m by Sunday.I think there's a chance $80m could happen.

I'm really interested to see how TASM does.... Spider-man has always been very popular here...Its 4 day opening is bound to be pretty big.Some extrapolation for The Avengers... I'll say it'll be at $51m after today. Then maybe $5m-ish for the rest of the weekdays putting it at $56m by Thursday. A 7m-ish weekend could happen, which would put it around $63m. Either way, it'll should definitely be over $60m by Sunday.I think there's a chance $80m could happen.

Simply amazing... I can live with 75 mill also