Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

19 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

63% on RT is flattering, it's not a good movie, but it has its moments, easily the third best Craig Bond flick. Its run is better than expected, thought it will end up around £85, now £90 is happening. SW will beat it though, no doubt.

Only 85 million it will have to drop hard to only hit that if it's at almost 80 million already?

1 hour ago, htall90 said:

Only 85 million it will have to drop hard to only hit that if it's at almost 80 million already?

Yes.......exactly..........obviously the BO returns get smaller each week, but SP will be earning decent money, for a while yet, and those small sums through Dec' upto Xmas and the New Year, will add up to a really good total, which should put Bond in 2nd place on the all time list (UK).

4 hours ago, htall90 said:

Ummm........difficult to judge..............except that SW7 will have a truly massive opening, and may gross shed loads of dosh in its first 3-4 weeks, but will it be a stayer?..........coz we don't know yet if the film will be either just good or brilliant, do we? :)

btw:- 'Dark Alfred' do you have any of the daily figures for SP UK BO this week?...............then we can judge, how well film is holing up in its 4 week.............thanks.

ps:- oops.........just realized i quoted the wrong poster.

Edited by mepal1

14 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Probably not. $135-140m is the likeliest outcome. Exchange rates are weaker than they were when Skyfall was released.

True, the exchange rates are weaker for SP than SF..............but as of this moment i would guess SP's total now is somewhere around $122 mil, and by the end of Sunday, should be getting close to $130 mil. With weeks still ahead for the film to play, including the Xmas and NY holidays..........i think getting past $140 mil, is more than possible.

20 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Yep, 90m is happening now even with a big drop against HG. Pretty impressive. Watch SW beat this figure ?

While I think it will have it's biggest drop to date against HG i won't drop massively as I think they have different audiences and James Bond is way more popular then HG there is no competition.