Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

That's great for TDKR! With holidays for a month it should definitely reach £50m and possibly beat TA.

I hope so! I have already contributed twice to the TDKR gross and possibly more times! Every little helps. ;)

Just checked TDK's gross and it was only £48.7m, but converted to $89m. That exchange rate has gone completely into the shitter over the last 4 years, hasn't it? :(

It changed a lot even during 2008. TDK beat QoS in dollars, but lost in pounds. It will be the same story with TDKR.

Indeed, TDKR should beat TDK in £ but won't get close in $ due to exchange rate changes since 2008.However, the Yen-$ exchange rate has improved since 2008 so worldwide it probably balances out amongst other currencies and exchange rates. Edited by JCS

I thought it would open on Friday.

Ted opens tomorrow here in the UK. Sometimes films open on the Wednesday but you are right that Friday is the normal day for new releases.I feel Ted will be huge too (like in Australia) but not sure it can match the Inbetweeners as it is not British.

That would be a great opening.Considering The Hangover only opened with £3.2M in 2009.

Hangover was an unknown quantity whereas Ted has Seth Macfarlane which will draw in fans of his work. A £5m opening would be on par with The Dictator.

Hangover was an unknown quantity whereas Ted has Seth Macfarlane which will draw in fans of his work. A £5m opening would be on par with The Dictator.

True, I expect it to beat The Hangover. However I compared them as they are both original US comedies with a 15 rating.Due to Family Guy's Seth Macfarlane as well as Wahlberg/Kunis; I too expect a £4-5M opening with great legs due to good WOM. Though it could open higher! Edited by JCS

And that is with the Olympics hurting it over the last 3 days of the 10 day total. Pretty good overall.

Indeed, even more impressive when you factor in Olympics. Shows how great TDKR is doing in the UK!By the way, it is the fastest grossing film of 2012. Edited by JCS

Ted is going to open very big.I could see £6m happening over the 5 day. It has a lot of showtimes, and pre-sales are looking very promising.As for TDKR, I think a £4.5m-ish weekend could happen, good enough for the highest 3 day weekend, so possibly close to £40m already.All films should rebound this week after great weather last week and the olympics opening ceremony on Friday. IA4 should eclipse £25m in the near future, as should Spiderman.

The week of the 13th August is going to be big with three major releases in The Bourne Legacy, Brave and Expendables 2, Brave and Bourne have a seven day opening while E2 have 4 days, I reckon Brave will come out on top with Bourne and Expendables in second and third.

Some perspective on the Australian opening of Ted converted to £. Thu-Sun is the normal 4 day weekend.Preview Weekend(28/6-1/7)Fri-Sun of limited screenings-£2.95m. 2nd place behind IA4's opening weekend.1st Weekend(5/7-8/7)Normal 4 day weekend-£5.87m. 1st place with TASM in 2nd on £3.65m2nd Weekend(12/7-15/7)Normal 4 day weekend-£4.49m. 1st place again.Ted is now at AUD31.181m or £20.9m