Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Any idea on how much RE has made so far? I'm hoping it will be able to gross more than $3,538,749, which was the gross for Apocalypse in 2004.

Fortunately it won't come close to 3m. It's not even going to hit 2m. It's at £1.6m and I'm pretty sure that it will vanish from the cinemas within two weeks.

Wow at Taken 2! Should get near £14.5m ($23.3m) by the end of the weekend then, on its way to $30m.Nice for Madagascar too, and not bad for HT either.Fantastic for Sinister! And Looper even more so. It'll probably make it to £10m with the way it's going.

Fortunately it won't come close to 3m. It's not even going to hit 2m. It's at £1.6m and I'm pretty sure that it will vanish from the cinemas within two weeks.

No, I meant dollars. It was at $2.4 million last Sunday, so i'm hoping it can potentially be at around $3 million up to this weekend.

Mad 2 opened to £6.3m.Mad 3 should do around £2m in 2 day previews. I imagine it'll open around £7m or so next weekend including previews, and then the 2 weeks after will see very small drops due to the holiday.

Think Madagascar 2 had previews as well, it's very rare for a Dreamworks film not to have previews although Puss in Boot I believe didn't have them, I wonder why other studios don't do it as much? I know Fox did it with Ice Age and Alvin 3 and Universal with The Lorax but weirdly not Disney or Sony. Hotel Transylvania should be able to gross a respectable amount against the more known Madagascar, I saw it today and thought it was pretty good. Probably will see Madagascar next week along with Frankenweenie.

Taken 2 down only 50% from the 4 day weekend, and only 40% down from the 3 day with current estimates at $6m, and $23.4m total.Should be at around $28-29m or so by next Sunday, meaning a gross in the end near $35m is looking likely. Absolutely fantastic.HT had a decent opening with $2.9m. Will probably get up to $15m with half term coming up soon.

Edited by Heretic

HT had a decent opening with $2.9m. Will probably get up to $15m with half term coming up soon.

It must had an awful Friday but I think it would have done better had it not launched against the Madagascar previews but still a decent result. Probably get a boost nearer Halloween.