Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I'm hoping to be there by then at the latest. Gotta eat some KFC in the car on the way there too.

The only thing that's holding Fast back this weekend is Gatsby. WB will have made certain in their contracts that they cannot have screenings cancelled at any point over the weekend, meaning there's less room for Fast to manouver this weekend. At my local cineworld, the only film it can realistically bite into will be Iron Man 3.

Edited by Schumacher FTW

Yeah. With the current number of shows it doesn't really seem to be coping with the demand, many tonight are already full up. Unlike IM3 or STID this is only in one format so there's only a certain number of showtimes it can actually have. Wouldn't surprise me to see a couple added though, but IM3 is still doing very well so I doubt they'd want to take it from that.

Yeah. With the current number of shows it doesn't really seem to be coping with the demand, many tonight are already full up. Unlike IM3 or STID this is only in one format so there's only a certain number of showtimes it can actually have. Wouldn't surprise me to see a couple added though, but IM3 is still doing very well so I doubt they'd want to take it from that.

It may still be doing well, but it's the prime target for cancellation in most sites.

Honestly, I haven't seen this many sell-outs since Breaking Dawn Part 2. FF6 should have a HUGE OD. 

I think it's at that point where it could actually benefit holdovers from spillover.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

Honestly, I haven't seen this many sell-outs since Breaking Dawn Part 2. FF6 should have a HUGE OD. 

I think it's at that point where it could actually benefit holdovers from spillover.

Posted Image

This is looking to have much stronger late night shows than both IM3 and STID too. For example, Vue Stratford has a showing at midnight, and 00:30, and they are both half full already. They'll probably sell out too, which is quite unseen.

Okay, the fuck is happening? 10pm/11pm onwards sellouts across the board tonight. Stratford just sold out the midnight show, 00:30 will follow shorty. This is something I'd expect from Potter or Bond, but Fast and Furious?

Pretty crazy. I would be surprised if the OD number isn't near £3m. IM3 did £2.3m, for comparison.

Edited by Heretic