Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

surprised Alan Partridge is so low - a guy I work with went to see it last night and said it was sold out..

I think people are underpredicted The Lone Ranger a bit - even Dark Shadows opened up to £2.5m and that was far less mainstream than TLR. I'd expect between £3m and £4m

hopefully TLR will do decent

Is this accurate: http://www.koimoi.com/box-office/chennai-express-sets-a-new-record-in-uk-box-office-paid-preview-overseas-report/

In U.K, the film has set new record, which is another SRK stronghold region. The film on its preview day earned £ 142,220 which beats the opening day records of his previous Karan Johar’s My Name Is Khan andKabhi Alvida Na KehnaAamir Khan starrer 3 Idiots and Salman Khan starrer Ek Tha Tiger in the circuit.

Edited by grim22

£142,000 is a good number for a Bollywood film, I think it'll may break £1m for the weekend. It'll be interesting to see the PTA. Looking ahead, It'll Interesting how About Time does, it has a five day opening and its the new Richard Curtis film. I'm thinking £2.5m opening.

£142,000 is a good number for a Bollywood film, I think it'll may break £1m for the weekend. It'll be interesting to see the PTA.Looking ahead, It'll Interesting how About Time does, it has a five day opening and its the new Richard Curtis film. I'm thinking £2.5m opening.

I can't believe that mofo is pre-booking already! Seems very ambitious on Universal's part.

the last couple of months it seems like nearly every film has ridiculously early prebooking.

Thats true, guess studios want to build up hype by opening up ticket sales early, there's even a screening of About Time for Cineworld Unlimited customers on the 19th August, clearly Universal wants this to be a hit, Edited by Jonwo