Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

In 2010, 28 films were released in UK in 3D, capturing 24% of box-office. In 2011, there were 47 films in 3D, with just 20% of BO.

Proof that UK is being turned off by tons of 3D films, following the US trend.From new BFI Statistical Yearbook report released this morning.http://www.bfi.org.uk/statisticalyearbook2012/ Edited by JCS

Proof that UK is being turned off by tons of 3D films, following the US trend.

From new BFI Statistical Yearbook report released this morning.

http://www.bfi.org.u...alyearbook2012/

That is not what the are saying.

Interesting fact: in Uk Alice made on average £95,414 at a 3D site but only £19,506 at a 2D site, so when people see the value of 3D they also prefer it.

I doubt it. It's more like no films in 2011 could match Avatar and Toy Story.

Possibly. But living in the UK, 3D is declining in poularity!

That is not what the are saying.

Interesting fact: in Uk Alice made on average £95,414 at a 3D site but only £19,506 at a 2D site, so when people see the value of 3D they also prefer it.

It is suggesting 3D is less popular if 2011 had way more 3D films than 2010 but the 3D box-office was down 4%. Edited by JCS

My family and I are watching the Olympics opening ceremony right now. Great job, UK!! Such a wonderful production.We loved the part with Peter Pan and Mary Poppins. We are going to watch Finding Neverland on dvd after the opening ceremony.