Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

The Last Voyage of the Demeter just got removed from the release schedule. Damn. 

The Blackening moved back. The Colour Purple moves to 26th January (which makes sense for awards run). 

December currently only has Wonka, Ghostbusters 5, Aquaman 2 and Next Goal Wins. 

11 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The Last Voyage of the Demeter just got removed from the release schedule. Damn. 

The Blackening moved back. The Colour Purple moves to 26th January (which makes sense for awards run). 

December currently only has Wonka, Ghostbusters 5, Aquaman 2 and Next Goal Wins. 

I suspect WB was always going to have The Color Purple in January, 

Ghostbusters likely will move to 2024, mostly because it only recently wrapped. 

2 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

UK is accepting this mission. Strong British presence in this as well.

I think a Saturday bump was always likely, it's a long movie and most people have work or school so can't really commit to going during the week. 

There's some been some insane takes on the domestic thread about how this will lead to Part 2 being cancelled or altered which given the very positive reviews and WOM seems very unlikely

24 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I suspect WB was always going to have The Color Purple in January, 

Ghostbusters likely will move to 2024, mostly because it only recently wrapped. 

I think a Saturday bump was always likely, it's a long movie and most people have work or school so can't really commit to going during the week. 

There's some been some insane takes on the domestic thread about how this will lead to Part 2 being cancelled or altered which given the very positive reviews and WOM seems very unlikely

part 2 has already finished most of its shooting and cancelling it would be a pr disaster and cause cruise/mcq to completely walk from paramount

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Most likely, but it was on the official schedule for 20th December until now. 

I always thought it would move as they have Wonka in December and that's going to do good business. 

1 minute ago, GOGODanca said:

part 2 has already finished most of its shooting and cancelling it would be a pr disaster and cause cruise/mcq to completely walk from paramount

As I said insane takes from the usual suspects.

18 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Barbie already has 4 sell outs on Friday at my local, four out of the 5 evening showings. I’m assuming they’ll need to take screens away from a holdover film and add more. 

It looks mental near me, everything past 5pm on Friday is a borderline sellout and they’re adding extra shows. My local added an extra 9pm showing yesterday and it’s already at about 70% full (granted it’s one of the smaller screens, but still impressive). Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the biggest opening of the year at this rate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

It looks mental near me, everything past 5pm on Friday is a borderline sellout and they’re adding extra shows. My local added an extra 9pm showing yesterday and it’s already at about 70% full (granted it’s one of the smaller screens, but still impressive). Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the biggest opening of the year at this rate.

It’s going to be big! They added in another 3 showings overnight here too. 

I had a look at Saturday as well, it’s busy. It’s definitely busier in the evening and at night both days. So I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t have a huge family film style Saturday bump on its first weekend. 

Edited by Krissykins