Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I'm not sure about Dredd, I think it looks awful, but there seems to be some interest in Anna Karenina. Lawless and That's my Boy also open on Friday, though, I don't think either one will do particularly well.September's going to be a very quiet month.

1 Total Recall £2,493,230 £2,493,2302 The Watch £2,235,933 £2,235,9333 Brave £1,604,163 £17,940,6224 Ted £990,842 £28,122,6515 The Possession £979,192 £979,1926 The Dark Knight Rises £759,838 £54,535,5487 The Bourne Legacy £714,020 £9,895,0868 The Expendables 2 £376,319 £5,546,2769 Keith Lemon The Film £370,735 £2,531,90210 Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days £287,969 £7,086,728

Diary of a Wimpy Kid's final total is impressive considering it's a kids film made on a $25m budget, I imagine Fox will make money from just domestic release and anything else is just gravy.How did TR and The Watch do Fri-Sun as The Dark Alfred's reported that Brave was ahead of both the Watch and TR but previews mean that it falls to 3.

I'm back! (Abroad for a week).Digesting some great UK numbers.Shame August/Summer is over now so low numbers like Total Recall and The Watch (expected them to do poorly) will become the norm for September. Will be quiet but Lawless and Dredd this week should be interesting.

Few Best Men ranked 13th with a cume less than £0.3m. TR is collapsing quickly, its Sunday drop was awful, it's not even at £2.8m, it's £2.5 for the 5-day.Next weekend will be decent, Dredd fighting with Anna Karenina for the top spot (both should be around £1.5m), then two new openers, Lawless £1m and That's My Boy £0.7m.TDKR is getting IMAX screens back.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

A Few Best Men could have done with more promotion and perhaps a better release date. September will be fine, its not a strong month for films but they'll be one or two £2m, I suspect it'll be The Sweeney, Looper or perhaps Resident Evil. I'm looking forward to Untouchable which I imagine will have a limited release.