Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

This is shaping up to be an absolutely monumental opening. Honestly wouldn't surprise me If it beats DH1's £18.3m opening. That would be almost $30m.

Indeed, it will be a huge OW. I can't see it beating DH1 but if it gets close that would be amazing!

Yes, DH1 is the target to get now.

Definitely!

Just looked at the Trafford Centre, i'm shocked, Skyfall has only got 4 more shows than Taken 2 this weekend! I was expecting 40 odd on OD like DH1 got there, this is at least half of that!

As I mentioned earlier, I think they will add more shows as 34 or whatever they have is not enough for the 3-day weekend for Skyfall!

That would explain everything :)

I wish it came out today, just wait until Friday!

Just looked at the Trafford Centre, i'm shocked, Skyfall has only got 4 more shows than Taken 2 this weekend! I was expecting 40 odd on OD like DH1 got there, this is at least half of that!

You will be happy to hear Odeon Trafford Centre have added some more shows...nearly 100 for the 3-day weekend now!Seems Vue Westfield London still has the most screenings in the UK for Skyfall this weekend (115).Though Vue Westfield Stratford coming close behind with around 12 less shows. Edited by JCS

The number of showtimes this has is staggering. I honestly can't see it missing DH1 at this point.It doesn't even have to sell out all shows for it to do that. But the thing is, it probably will from walk ups. All night shows will definitely sell out, and on Saturday especially, I think every single of the 30 showtimes at my cinema will sell out. For sure.

• Like 1

I still think DH1 has the most impressive OD show i've ever been to. My mate and I had the day off, and went to the 9:30am show at my local, even though I also had tickets for 8pm that night. We got there at 9am, and there was already a queue, we got in there and found decent seats. When the last trailer ended I had a look around and the entire centre section was full and there was about 30 seats left on the left and right sides. Absolutely manic in my opinion. They were a good audience too.

• Like 1

The number of showtimes this has is staggering. I honestly can't see it missing DH1 at this point.

Definitely, the sheer amount of showtimes this has almost guarantees a absolutely massive OW. £17M+ at least.

DH1 had a £6m opening day, and DH2 around £9.2m. I could see this happening for Skyfall.Fri: £6.5mSat: £7.5mSun: £6mThat comes to £20m, but, somehow, for Skyfall, I think it's more than possible, even if it does seem a bit bizarre. :lol:

Why do you hope so?

Don't like Daniel Craig. Don't like the fact that everybody is declaring this a "sure thing" to make these huge opening numbers, even if they might do it. So I just hope it disappoints. Not bombs, just disappoints. I have no allegiance to Bond. Back when it was Brosnan, it was a different matter, but now Bond is quite boring. Craig cannot grip me at all. If it's all about the action with other guys, then fair enough, but I like a Bond that can keep me interested, and Craig's emotionless acting and pouting face are enough for me to hate him. Building your body up into a muscle man is no substitute for charisma, which is what Brosnan had. Bond from the novels is supposed to be someone that is strong and forceful, but also with elegance and the ability to be covert, but with Craig it's just all smash 'em and grab' em, and I don't like that in a Bond. Edited by Barney Ross

Oh Algren. The pre-sales have been absolutely HUGE, hype is through the roof, reviews are incredible (Best for a Bond movie ever) and this has an unprecedented number of showtimes. Plus, it falls right on top of half-term holidays, and it's the 50th anniversary of Bond. It's locked to open to at least £15.5m, but it'll likely do above £17m as it has everything going for it.

Don't like Daniel Craig. Don't like the fact that everybody is declaring this a "sure thing" to make these huge opening numbers, even if they might do it. So I just hope it disappoints. Not bombs, just disappoints. I have no allegiance to Bond. Back when it was Brosnan, it was a different matter, but now Bond is quite boring. Craig cannot grip me at all. If it's all about the action with other guys, then fair enough, but I like a Bond that can keep me interested, and Craig's emotionless acting and pouting face are enough for me to hate him. Building your body up into a muscle man is no substitute for charisma, which is what Brosnan had. Bond from the novels is supposed to be someone that is strong and forceful, but also with elegance and the ability to be covert, but with Craig it's just all smash 'em and grab' em, and I don't like that in a Bond.

Okay... I can respect your opinions, but it won't disappoint. :)

Think the sellouts will mostly be from late afternoon to evening on Friday, Bond doesn't have the rabid fanbase that Potter and Twilight have so the morning and afternoon screenings will likely be busier than normal but not sellouts.Sony missed a trick not doing midnight screenings at 0.07am but won't affect the box office.

Saturday will definitely have sellouts throughout the entire day. The 13:00 Saturday showing in my cinema is almost sold out in the biggest screen. Saturday will be its biggest day with families coming out in droves. Walk Ups should be absolutely huge.