Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Lost for words now, but this is looking certain for a minimum of £14.5m, with the outside possibility of £15m if it holds very well on Sunday.

Great for MoS and WWZ too!

Out of curiosity and general laziness, how did Shrek 2 & 3 do in GBP terms?

I too am lost for words now, I actually witnessed one of the UK's greatest B.O. day in history in one of its busiest cinemas. Talk about getting more than your money's worth.

• Like 1

So in other words,Even factor in inflation, for DM2 to open to (potentially) 15m, almost Shrek 2 level, and it did this with significantly weaker previews, is completely out of this worldly amazing.

Things at my local Vue cinema are also notably quieter than y'day. Like you said it could be the weather (lol only in England would a GOOD day have a bad impact on box office) so maybe 15 is out of reach but hope it can still do 14.5M for the weekend

Edited by DespicableMEnions

I wouldnt exactly call 26C as hot since Beijing was like above 30C since late April but judging by the weather we've had this year it probably qualifies as hot.

Maybe sports/music in general have something to do? You know, with Glastonbury and Robbie Williams having a concert at Wembley, and with F1 and Wimbledon. I'm prob talking rubbish here. Still amazing numbers though.

It's perfect bbq weather. Not too hot, but just very pleasant so people take advantage.But yeah, Glastonbury, Wimbledon, F1, good weather can all have an effect. But it doesn't matter anyway, it's already done more than anyone imagined.

This films numbers just keep going up! First it was £10m (even then users were extremely happy) and every update has increased since then. Oh man can you imagine if the same thing happens in North America? This is going to be a fun week to track that's for sure! WTG UK!